Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Panzerkampfabzeichen in silber .

Article about: Hello. Insted of the Daisy badge with the bent/possibel repaired catch I went for this "no brainer" instead I hope you like it I know I do It´s as they say, you will always remembe

Many TR awards required hand finishing after being produced. Not abnormal at all.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in silber .
    P
    Many

Quote by Badto666 View Post
    The filing could be due to the die was bad too . It could of left some "slag" on the medal that needed to be filed off before the finish was applied. Of course just a guess

/Mike
    Hi Mike, you're right. It's more prevalent on some makers than others. You tend to see more on solid zinc badges than hollows or tombak. I guessed the "Monday" bit was a joke. So was the Friday thing. Stewy

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Many TR awards required hand finishing after being produced. Not abnormal at all.
    Ralph.
    Indeed Ralph, those & shear marks are something fakers struggle with. Which is nice. Stewy

Thanks a lot guys for all the comments Always interesting to learn something more in this hobby

/Mike

It's a type 3 die (3.3.3) AS in T PAB that is noted for the amount of hand finishing compared to it's two earlier incarnations (3.3.1 and 3.3.2). The bright chrome finish compared to the matt silver coated rear and the parallel striations seen there are also direct confirmations of an original of this particular type from the maker.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks a lot Ned for that valuable explenation .
    Have a good night guys.
    Cheers Mike

a very nice example.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2