Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber.

Article about: Hi. I've found this piece in a box when I was preparing to move house. I vaguely remember a story attached to it, of a family member acquiring it in Egypt during ww2. Is this likely to be th

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber.

Hi. I've found this piece in a box when I was preparing to move house. I vaguely remember a story attached to it, of a family member acquiring it in Egypt during ww2. Is this likely to be the case? Is it even genuine? I can't find any makers marks. It seems very crude as well.
    Thanks!

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber.Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber.
    Last edited by rbminis; 10-20-2021 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber.
    P
    Many

Hi Matthew,

From my knowledge this is real, and a medal/badge that belongs to the panzergenie (Tank Regiment). If I’m also not mistaken, this would only be carried by a (field grade) officer. My great grandfather carried one too (golden badge with a fleet on it). I don’t know if there’s any makers that make them, maybe someone else knows?

Greetings,

Maarten.

Hello,
    I have re-named your thread. Please read this thread regarding posting in this section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.

Your example is made by the firm of B.H. Mayer, you can compare it to my example here.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, B.H. Mayer
    This was NOT only worn by "field grade officers", it was worn by any Panzer crewman that was credited with three different assaults on three different days.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sorry for the mistake rbminis.

Greetings,

Also, there are no gold grades, only bronze, silver, and numbered grades, 25, 50, 75, and 100.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Maarten View Post
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber.
    This is a navy HIGH SEAS FLEET WAR BADGE, The award criteria was open to crew members of both battleships and cruisers who had served aboard a ship for 12 weeks at sea. This period of sea service could be reduced if the recipient was wounded in action, or their mission/exploits were an outstanding naval achievement for which they may also have won a decoration such as the Iron cross 2nd class.

Nothing to do with panzers.
    "Per Ardua"

Hi Maarten, start a new thread for your high seas fleet badge under orders and decorations of the third reich, take some nice clear photos front and back to upload, don't forget to give the badge its correct title in german. Look forward to seeing it. Regards, Paul