Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, CE Juncker 1.1.2, NS

Article about: Well, I finally have been able to add a nickel silver Juncker PAB to my collection. I was able to find one at a price that I could afford, and live with. I just can not justify the prices th

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, CE Juncker 1.1.2, NS

Well, I finally have been able to add a nickel silver Juncker PAB to my collection.
    I was able to find one at a price that I could afford, and live with.
    I just can not justify the prices that are asked for these now.
    This is an early example and shows wear and tear and has great patina.
    The pin has been replaced, and since the pin was installed reversed and without a tension foot, solder was added to give the pin tension in the catch. The solder appears to be old to me, and it was likely done war time so the owner could wear his PAB with pride. You can see the amount of wear on the solder after the repair was done.
    I may, in the future, look at replacing the pin but for now it will sit in my display the way it is.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, CE Juncker 1.1.2, NS
    P
    Many

Nice old war horse, makes you wonder where its been.

Quote by robin morley View Post
    Nice old war horse, makes you wonder where its been.
    Thank you Robin!
    Those were my thoughts as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

CBH
    ?

Beautiful combat veteran you have there, and gone to a good home.

PS I'd leave the hardware as is, all parts of it's story.

Quote by CBH View Post
    Beautiful combat veteran you have there, and gone to a good home.

PS I'd leave the hardware as is, all parts of it's story.
    Thank you Chris!
    That is likely what will happen.
    Ralph.

Prices for these pieces are absolutely ridiculous. I bought last weekend on one small local trade show one genuine Juncker buntmetall panzerkampf badge for 20€ because seller thought its a fake, actually he didnt had a clue is it original or not, so he was selling it as a fake. And I have already sold that badge for 600€. I really cant understand that there are people who are willing to pay that much for piece made of cheap metal and which is not rare or special by any means at all. This example is, considering that repaired pin and quite amount of wear, in rather bad condition, but I suppose that price still was extreme even for piece in condition like this which is not good. But it is what it is. Because of that I started to selling all my Third Reich pieces and from now on I will just buy TR pieces to resell them if I find some for affordable price like that Juncker panzer badge last week. I will keep only my Croatian orders, medals and badges from WW2. Actually I have already sold more than a half German awards which I had, luckily they are currently easy to sell and I earned some good amount of money for some of them, but I never overpaid any of tthat pieces.

Best regards,
    Franko

Quote by Franjo Vuk View Post
    Prices for these pieces are absolutely ridiculous. I bought last weekend on one small local trade show one genuine Juncker buntmetall panzerkampf badge for 20€ because seller thought its a fake, actually he didnt had a clue is it original or not, so he was selling it as a fake. And I have already sold that badge for 600€. I really cant understand that there are people who are willing to pay that much for piece made of cheap metal and which is not rare or special by any means at all. This example is, considering that repaired pin and quite amount of wear, in rather bad condition, but I suppose that price still was extreme even for piece in condition like this which is not good. But it is what it is. Because of that I started to selling all my Third Reich pieces and from now on I will just buy TR pieces to resell them if I find some for affordable price like that Juncker panzer badge last week. I will keep only my Croatian orders, medals and badges from WW2. Actually I have already sold more than a half German awards which I had, luckily they are currently easy to sell and I earned some good amount of money for some of them, but I never overpaid any of tthat pieces.

Best regards,
    Franko
    Well, your disdain for German TR items is obvious and has been stated before. I guess you only have anything to do with them because you are able to make so much money on them.
    Some collectors have no use for Croation orders, others do.

Some collectors like used items with history, and others like their items mint from the factory.
    I like them both, and I purchase what I like.

If your opinion of this example is that it is in bad condition, and that I paid a high price for it, you are mistaken on both accounts.

Ralph.

Thats really one strange statement. I have never disdained Third Reich awards, because they are beautiful and actually they are best looking awards ever made. But when it came to the point that I should pay 1500€ or more for buntmetall Observer badge I gave up completely from collecting them. And its quite obvious who is responsible for nowdays prices. They are not determined by market and the law of supply and demand they were actually made by some people or its better to say these prices were made up by some people, mostly some dealers. Regarding posted badge, condition of any repaired badge could only be considered as bad, more or less, but condition of repaired items can not be good, thats for sure.

Best regards,
    Franko

Congrats Ralph. That is a beautiful badge. And I wouldn’t do anything to it if I were you. These little fellows are meant to tell their own stories.

So I want a Knights Cross. But I cannot afford one. Should I quit? Maybe. But any answer is really neither right nor wrong. For me, I chose the panzer route. If any affordable ones take my fancy, I would wish to spend the rest of my life watching over them. It’s pointless to brood over what’s beyond our control and gripe. If we’re gonna take a plunge into something, just make it count within our limitations and capabilities. Life has to be celebrated beautifully because we all get to live only once.

My 2 cents.

Hi Franko, In my collection you will find both factory fresh and used and abused Pka'a. Attractive as I find the minty pieces it really is the used ones that speak to me. As both a collector and academic historian it is the direct connection with the events that I study which makes them so interesting. I know its each to their own and I fully respect that but I struggle to differentiate between a collection made entirely of unissued badges and a collection of stamps..the real history just isn't there.
    Last edited by rbminis; 04-08-2018 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Typo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast