Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, "Daisy", Wilhelm Deumer

Article about: A new addition to my collection. I am also trying something else out, I will be attempting to start building a data base of original awards. I have taken my photos with my normal black backg

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, "Daisy", Wilhelm Deumer

A new addition to my collection.
    I am also trying something else out, I will be attempting to start building a data base of original awards. I have taken my photos with my normal black background as well as a white background. Please let me know your opinions of the photos and which looks and displays better.
    Sorry for the many photos.
    Ralph.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, "Daisy", Wilhelm DeumerPanzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, "Daisy", Wilhelm Deumer
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, "Daisy", Wilhelm DeumerPanzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, "Daisy", Wilhelm Deumer
    The detail on this one really makes it appear to be 3 dimensional.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, "Daisy", Wilhelm Deumer
    P
    Many

Hi Ralph,

Congratulations are due on getting this fine conditioned Deumer! The rear set up shows that it's the very earliest of their zinc production badges of which there were many later variants, but this is the first; having the small block hinge on a large rectangular baseplate, and catch from the tombak production types that's been attached to a small circular baseplate to aid soldering it to zinc. All in all a very nice example.

The database is a great idea for the guys looking for original examples of PAB's, so they can educate themselves in the varied makers and compare design types, set ups, finishes etc. As for the backgrounds, both look good to me, the black concentrates the eye on the badge well, and the white does too, and the shadows also help give the badge 'depth' and may help show vaulting more in perspective. I think either are acceptable but perhaps some may prefer one or the other rather than both, as regimentation is often preferred by many. If it's successful maybe it could be rolled out into other award databases? Better learn to walk before we run though eh?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Ralph,

Congratulations are due on getting this fine conditioned Deumer! The rear set up shows that it's the very earliest of their zinc production badges of which there were many later variants, but this is the first; having the small block hinge and catch from the tombak production types that's been attached to a small circular baseplate to aid soldering it to zinc. All in all a very nice example.

The database is a great idea for the guys looking for original examples of PAB's, so they can educate themselves in the varied makers and compare design types, set ups, finishes etc. As for the backgrounds, both look good to me, the black concentrates the eye on the badge well, and the white does too, and the shadows also help give the badge 'depth' and may help show vaulting more in perspective. I think either are acceptable but perhaps some may prefer one or the other rather than both, as regimentation is often preferred by many. If it's successful maybe it could be rolled out into other award databases? Better learn to walk before we run though eh?

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks Ned!
    I was pretty stoked to get this one as Deumer is one of my favorite makers.
    Very happy with the condition as well.

My plan is to start the data base for all of the awards. I will be able to contribute mostly to the PABs, IABs, EKs, and anything else that I have of my own. I am hoping that when Adrian graces us with his presence again, that he will contribute to the EKs and Naval awards. I will start offf with a closed thread in each of the catagories and solicit photos, and I would appreciate if you would assist me with info on some of the awards.
    These reference threads will be closed to the general public but will be accessible to gold members only. It will start as a work in progress as I am not able to devote the time to attempt to create them all at once.
    Cheers,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

that's a very nice one Ralph.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    that's a very nice one Ralph.
    Thank you Harry!
    Ralph.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Thanks Ned!
    I was pretty stoked to get this one as Deumer is one of my favorite makers.
    Very happy with the condition as well.

My plan is to start the data base for all of the awards. I will be able to contribute mostly to the PABs, IABs, EKs, and anything else that I have of my own. I am hoping that when Adrian graces us with his presence again, that he will contribute to the EKs and Naval awards. I will start offf with a closed thread in each of the catagories and solicit photos, and I would appreciate if you would assist me with info on some of the awards.
    These reference threads will be closed to the general public but will be accessible to gold members only. It will start as a work in progress as I am not able to devote the time to attempt to create them all at once.
    Cheers,
    Ralph.
    Hello Ralph,
    Lovely Deumer badge.

Well done.
    All the best
    Doug

PM Sent

Thank you Doug!
    This goes nicely with my early bronze Deumer.
    Ralph.

Hi Ralph, a very nice hollow "Daisy" indeed. IMO the black shows the award off better. But the white background makes the award look more natural, i.e the actual "look" of the PKA. As I said just my opinion. Stewy

Very nice PAB Ralph.

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Hi Ralph, a very nice hollow "Daisy" indeed. IMO the black shows the award off better. But the white background makes the award look more natural, i.e the actual "look" of the PKA. As I said just my opinion. Stewy
    Thanks Stewy!
    That is exactly what I am looking for, opinions.
    Ralph.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Kevin Grootaers View Post
    Very nice PAB Ralph.
    Thank you Kevin!
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast