Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

R.R.S. Silber Panzerkampfabzeichen-Rudolph Richter Schlag

Article about: Hi Guys, Shown below is my newly acquired Silber Panzerkampfabzeichen by maker R.S.S. (Rudolf Richter, Schlag bei Gablonz). It is constructed out of a die struck Feinzinc base that has been

Default R.R.S. Silber Panzerkampfabzeichen-Rudolph Richter Schlag

Hi Guys,
    Shown below is my newly acquired Silber Panzerkampfabzeichen by maker R.R.S. (Rudolf Richter, Schlag bei Gablonz). It is constructed out of a die struck Feinzinc base that has been silver washed. The obverse depicts a panzer tank, above a grass field (modified,later version, grass detail), which is beneath a national closed winged eagle clutching a mobile swastika in its talons and is all surrounded by an oval oak leaf wreath that is tied together at the bottom. The semi-hollow reverse is correctly maker marked: “R.R.S.”. It also shows the correct; soldered round wire catch, crimped sheet metal hinge and round wire pin. It measures approximately 2 3/8 inches tall by 1 5/8 inches wide. The eagles head shows the correct die flaw.
    The Panzer Assault Badge was awarded to those who had either; taken part in three armored assaults in three different days, had been wounded in the course of an assault or who had earned a bravery decoration in the course of an assault. The silver class was presented to tank commanders, gunners or radio operators who went into battle in armored vehicles.

Click to enlarge photos. Comments are welcome. Bob

R.R.S. Silber Panzerkampfabzeichen-Rudolph Richter Schlag R.R.S. Silber Panzerkampfabzeichen-Rudolph Richter Schlag

R.R.S. Silber Panzerkampfabzeichen-Rudolph Richter Schlag R.R.S. Silber Panzerkampfabzeichen-Rudolph Richter Schlag

Last edited by Combat Boots; 04-15-2017 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Change in description from R.S.S. to R.R.S.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement R.R.S. Silber Panzerkampfabzeichen-Rudolph Richter Schlag
    P
    Many

A very nice example Bob! Congrats!
    These don't come around that often.
    Good photos too!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Superb condition! An excellent pick up of seldom seen badge and maker!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Nice find... As new as yesterday !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thanks for the positive comments guys. Can't tell you how many badges I looked at before running across this one. Bob