Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Record Price For Grade IV 100 Panzerkampfabzeichen.

Article about: Hi Guys, It's been a bit quiet on the PAB front here at WRF just lately, so I thought I would post this very rare early semi hollow grade IV (100) Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver by C.E.Junck

Default Record Price For Grade IV 100 Panzerkampfabzeichen.

Hi Guys,

It's been a bit quiet on the PAB front here at WRF just lately, so I thought I would post this very rare early semi hollow grade IV (100) Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver by C.E.Juncker that was sold yesterday (12th December 2014) at the Hermann Historica Auction. This is I believe the first time this has occurred, certainly in recent years as these extremely rare badges seem to sell privately or by dealers to "VIP Members" before ever making it to an official update of their website stores.

The badge is the earlier of two grade IV types that were produced by Juncker, the main, but not only difference being that the securing rivets don't go completely through the badge to emerge on the obverse side as do the later ones.

After some frantic bidding (thought to have been between two Russian collectors), the hammer finally went down for a price of 34,000 Euro's which when the 23% auction fees were added totalled an eye watering 41,820 Euro's. (£33,163 or $52,122)

I'm finding it difficult to think of another award similar to this that has commanded such a high price without going into the realms of one off's or personality related ones. One thing that's for sure is that I'm going to need a bigger newspaper round to save enough money to get one like it.... God only knows what a rarer bronze one of the same type will go for if one ever turns up for auction in the future.

Regards, Ned.

Record Price For Grade IV 100 Panzerkampfabzeichen.Record Price For Grade IV 100 Panzerkampfabzeichen.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Record Price For Grade IV 100 Panzerkampfabzeichen.
    P
    Many

I'll take two please!......

That's a staggering price...far beyond the 4000 Euros quoted in the Niemann Price Guide...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    That's a staggering price...far beyond the 4000 Euros quoted in the Niemann Price Guide...
    cheers, Glenn
    Hi Glenn,

It sure is, the bidding started a 10 grand. Then again, a similar grade IV 100 in silver was recently sold by Scholz Militaria before it hit their store for who knows how much, but it was offered at 27,000 Euro's (£21,410 or $33,651) and was listed sold immediately, making that look like a fantastic bargain compared to this latest one.

Prior to the PAB book by Philippe De Bock being published back in 2009, grade IV's (both silver and bronze, 75 or 100's) were going for 4,500 Euro's (£3,570 or $5,610).

The world's gone mad.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Maybe I will find one in a pocket of a US uniform... this will be the only way I will be able to afford it. WOW!!!

Is it just me or does this example look kind of...chintzy? The gilding looks gaudy and re-finished and the 100 block looks awkwardly mounted. If spotted at a flea-market I would have tossed this one back. Silly me but kudos to the Russian collector who must have buckets of cash given the $/Ruble rate at the moment.

Truly staggering!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

That's more than 300 EK2's isn't it ????

I'll take the crosses!

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Is it just me or does this example look kind of...chintzy? The gilding looks gaudy and re-finished and the 100 block looks awkwardly mounted. If spotted at a flea-market I would have tossed this one back. Silly me but kudos to the Russian collector who must have buckets of cash given the $/Ruble rate at the moment.
    Money laundering via the Militaria market mate !!

Quote by big ned View Post
    After some frantic bidding (thought to have been between two Russian collectors)...
    Say, is Roman Abramovich a militaria collector now?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast