Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone identify this badge and these buttons? I'm thinking its PRL Artillery.

Article about: It was the one lonely pin in a set of uniform buttons that I purchased. All of the uniform buttons either had the eagle without the crown, or anchors, or two crossing hammers. Since all of t

Default Can anyone identify this badge and these buttons? I'm thinking its PRL Artillery.

It was the one lonely pin in a set of uniform buttons that I purchased. All of the uniform buttons either had the eagle without the crown, or anchors, or two crossing hammers. Since all of them came together and all appear to be about the same age, I'm assuming they're all from post-WWII, pre-third republic era.

I'm guessing the eagle buttons are just general uniform buttons, anchors are navy buttons, hammers are a miner buttons? The only thing that I wanted to point out, is ONE of the anchor buttons have some numbers on the back. Not sure why the others do not have them.

Can anyone identify this badge and these buttons? I'm thinking its PRL Artillery.

Can anyone help identify these? I am assuming there isn't anything rare about any of it.

Hi, The buttons are Polish Army and Navy and I would suggest that the crossed cannon badge is too?
    Cheers Michael R

All very common PRL era pieces, and you've correctly ID'd the buttons. The crossed cannons is a collar badge denoting artillery. I remember having one of those as a boy in the 1970's. That and the eagle badge my dad gave me started the militaria collecting sickness that I still suffer from.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Aren't the crossed hammers on the one button the miners organization from the TR era?

?

Quote by carpediem View Post
    Aren't the crossed hammers on the one button the miners organization from the TR era?
    You're right. Crossed hammers buttons are from miner's gala uniform

?

Artillery collar badges .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone identify this badge and these buttons? I'm thinking its PRL Artillery.