Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fors sale: Regimental flag of the First Infantry Division of the Kosciuszko Regiment No. 1

Article about: For sale by auction Regimental flag of the First Infantry Division of the Kosciuszko Regiment No. 1 Auction on 17-18 November 2012 http://www.czernys.com Piazza V. Veneto, 13 - 19 Sarzana 19

Default Re: Fors sale: Regimental flag of the First Infantry Division of the Kosciuszko Regiment No. 1

It is not the most elegant of designs... road kill springs to mind.

The original PIAST eagle on which the "Kurica" was supposed to be based was at least more eagle-like. I wonder who drew up the "Kurica" eagle design... is the person recorded in history?

Fors sale: Regimental flag of the First Infantry Division of the Kosciuszko Regiment No. 1
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Default Re: Fors sale: Regimental flag of the First Infantry Division of the Kosciuszko Regiment No. 1

Confirmed by the auction house, the flag is a 1977 reproduction.

Dear Mr. ...........

thank you for contacting us.

Yes sir, the flag is a modern reproduction.
    We just discovered today an inscription (red on red, so it was really hard to notice) saying it is a copy made in the seventies.
    We already uploaded a photography of the inscription on our website and updated the lot description.

Revised the description but not the estimate which I am sure will fall well short of that now.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2