Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet of the Milicja Obywatelska

Article about: Hi ! Here´re some images, (I´m permitted to use), of an auction, showin´ an helmet of the Milicja Obywatelska. Anybody know´s, if such pattern lid´s also were in use in other polish, (para-)

Default Helmet of the Milicja Obywatelska

Hi !

Here´re some images, (I´m permitted to use), of an auction, showin´ an helmet of the Milicja Obywatelska.

Anybody know´s, if such pattern lid´s also were in use in other polish, (para-) -military units, (for example, the "ZOMO", Zmotoryzowane Odwody Milicji Obywatelskiej) ? ...

Thx. in advance,
    R.

Helmet of the Milicja ObywatelskaHelmet of the Milicja ObywatelskaHelmet of the Milicja ObywatelskaHelmet of the Milicja ObywatelskaHelmet of the Milicja Obywatelska

This is the Polish Army helmet wz.67, painted with "Milicja Obywatelska" colors and signs. This type of helmet was not used widely by ZOMO units during actions against riots - ZOMO had special protective helmets visible here (second, third, fourth and fifth example from the top) - Umundurowanie i wyposa (site devoted to uniforms and equipment of "MO" and contemporary Police).
    The helmet presented by you could be seen rather during special events (e.g. oath) or during operations against armed persons.

Hi, Tomasz !

Thx. for this informations !

Found another site:
    POLACO 75

Best regards,
    R.

are these shells outwardly the same as the earlier wz 67 ,the like off which i show an example from my collection Helmet of the Milicja ObywatelskaHelmet of the Milicja Obywatelska

Hi, mates,
    in #1 I showed You an polish wz.1975 helmet of the Milicja Obywatelska

Yesterday I received an Wz.67 (wz.1967) helmet of the Milicja Obywatelska
    POLACO 67

Here´s some images of the lid:
    Helmet of the Milicja ObywatelskaHelmet of the Milicja ObywatelskaHelmet of the Milicja ObywatelskaHelmet of the Milicja ObywatelskaHelmet of the Milicja ObywatelskaHelmet of the Milicja ObywatelskaHelmet of the Milicja ObywatelskaHelmet of the Milicja ObywatelskaHelmet of the Milicja ObywatelskaHelmet of the Milicja Obywatelska

Really nice, unissued item, absolutely appropriate for 1981 Martial Law period. I like it, however I remember those days clearly (army & police patrols, tanks on the streets) and I do not miss it...