Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Polish helmets-Warsaw Pact Era

Article about: I've seen stylized Polish eagle emblems-several different designs-on Polish Warsaw Pact helmets. Does anyone know about the use of these? I've been told they were applied after issue, not by

?

Default Polish helmets-Warsaw Pact Era

I've seen stylized Polish eagle emblems-several different designs-on Polish Warsaw Pact helmets. Does anyone know about the use of these? I've been told they were applied after issue, not by the factory, and were often applied to helmets of the Polish Navy also. I think they add interest to the helmet. I'm buying Warsaw Pact era helmets lately but don't want something inauthentic.

Default Re: Polish helmets-Warsaw Pact Era

Hi Skip,

I would expect that the insignia was applied afterwards, by the branch of the military that was issued with the helmet. Warsaw pact helmets with what appear to be originally applied insignia still seem quite plentiful on the market. But as with everything else, once there's a perceived demand the counterfeiters will start doing their thing.

Here are some pics taken from the book Hełmy Wojska Polskiego 1917-2000 by Jacek Kijak (ISBN: 83-11-09636-8). If you can read Polish it’s a worthwhile purchase.

Regards,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish helmets-Warsaw Pact Era   Polish helmets-Warsaw Pact Era  

Polish helmets-Warsaw Pact Era   Polish helmets-Warsaw Pact Era  

Polish helmets-Warsaw Pact Era   Polish helmets-Warsaw Pact Era  

Polish helmets-Warsaw Pact Era  
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

HI Skip,

Would be great to see a few images of your Warsaw Pact collection
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Thanks Tony, I followed some of your leads and believe I learned about as much as I can without the book you recommend.
    Still not clear about the WZ 67, but apparently only the green (Army?) WZ 67/75 helmets with the improved liner get insignia.
    As with everything of this nature, I found some anomalies .