Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Polish Valour Cross (1944). Opinions needed

Article about: Hello my friends some time ago a friend of mine bought me from Poland a very beautiful decoration - the Cross for Valour 1944 type. Still, from what I have read on this forum about this meda

Default Polish Valour Cross (1944). Opinions needed

Hello my friends
    some time ago a friend of mine bought me from Poland a very beautiful decoration - the Cross for Valour 1944 type. Still, from what I have read on this forum about this medal, my piece doesn't seem original but a modern copy, but I am no expert. It also had a red old box which is not on the photo.
    I would like to know if this piece has any historical significance. Is it original or not? Is it worth keeping in a medal collection?
    Thank you very much
    Best regards from Romania
    Sever
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Valour Cross (1944). Opinions needed   Polish Valour Cross (1944). Opinions needed  

Polish Valour Cross (1944). Opinions needed  

Hello Sever, I've moved your thread to the Polish Peoples Republic section as this cross dates from that era. The cross appears to be genuine, and of the final government issue pattern issued before Poland regained independence. These are rather common, but certainly worthwhile in a collection of Polish communist era decorations. Historical significance would be enhanced if it was complete with an award document.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Thank you very much Mr. Tony
    I am happy to find out that it is an original item because I like it a lot. I will put it on display together with all the other WW2 medals and I am sure that it will look very nice.
    Thank you again
    Best regards
    Sever