Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Daggers etc. in my books

Article about: In many of my books I included many photographs with the wearing of daggers, and occasionally swords. One of such books is for example: "Aiguillettes of the Third Reich". This book

Quote by Larry C View Post
    but what I also noticed by accident..is the the cuff title that says "Der .....and the rest is unreadable....Wim Please if you may to identify the cuff title this SA mann is wearing? Best Regards Larry

Attachment 764278 Attachment 764280
    Der Standortführer Kiel, in italics. I scanned the detail-photo from my gorget-book.

Daggers etc. in my books Daggers etc. in my books

The now shown close-up is one of my favorites for one of my next books.
    CUSTOMS. The complete photo is "under embargo" for the related chapter
    for the series "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" for about twenty years.
    For reasons of rarity I could not hand over the photo to mr. Johnson for one of his
    books, when he asked me. The photo does show piped field-caps worn by Dr.
    Johannes Hossfeld
    , the Zollgrenzschutz General-Inspekteur and
    his adjutant Walter Eulitz (hossfeld is seen left; Eulitz is on the right. One
    hardly ever see such high ranked persons, wearing the (golden piped) field-cap.

Daggers etc. in my books

(credit: my customs friend Hermann Miller from Colonia, former employee of the Zollkriminalinstitut)

Further some swords being worn by customs, already used in an article or waiting
    to be published one day. I do not mark photographs, as this does not work at all
    (various forum members are able to remove the marks quite perfectly), but if one
    ever feels the need to use it, then please ask me for allowance and send me a PM.
    DO NOT simply "steal":

1) a customs employee from Hamburg in the later 1920's
    2) parade with customs at Flensburg on May 1, 1939 (credit Bundesfinanzakademie)

Daggers etc. in my books

Dr. Hossfeld at Rome in 1942 with general Aymonino (credit: Miller)

ENJOY, dagger enthousiasts!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 11-14-2014 at 10:38 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Daggers etc. in my books
    P
    Many

?

Larry the collar tab left Nm ( NordMark) and the cuff title now revealed by Wilhelm!!
    Noticed the snap is missing, you have good eyes for your age

Great Info!
    Excellent pics Wilhelm, thx

Ger

This is the value of my books: uniform-photos, photos, photos!!

A few more for the "hanger-lovers". They were used in volume 4 for the headgear-series.
    Photo 1) shows SA-members from Hochland, assigned to the "Hilfszug Bayern". Later this special unit was managed by the NSKK,
    when it was combined with the Reichsautozug "Deutschland". Photo is from 1935. Photo 2) is from 1938 when the HZB was at Vienna.

(credit: Stadtarchiv München)

Daggers etc. in my books

This photo shows in a good way the use of the so-called Feststellriemen (see close-up):

Daggers etc. in my books
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 11-14-2014 at 11:58 AM.

I feel like I am in a Candy Store
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

We'll "meet" again here at this forum with this thread. That's for sure!
    Me, need to find the time to go through old files. More candy is coming,
    but have some patience. I am not the youngest anymore. Some of you
    could be my...sons!
    Isn't it the purpose from a good forum to show things, other then only "blabla".
    That's one of the reasons I always try to include copies from orders or interesting
    uniform-regulations. Often I am able to do that, as I have quite some uniform-
    regulations. I take part with threads that do interest me and so you will hardly
    ever see me "busy" with orders and decorations and just only German stuff!

Occasionally I will only show close-ups, as the material is planned to be
    published in coming books for the series "Headgear of Hitler's Germany".

My already being published books may also interest you, especially "Aiguillettes
    of the Third Reich
    " (now I am advertising). Many uniform introduction dates
    are included and above all many photographs from an item, which in many cases
    has not a collector's interest. But how can a collector "built" a mannequin with the
    best uniform when forgetting the aiguillette, which in fact is one with the worn
    brocade (most often).

Also the earlier mentioned "Ringkragen und Brustschilder im Dritten Reich" is
    most interesting. Pitily only available in German text, but the 1,500 photographs,
    the big format and all over color makes it a good "picture book" with an enormous
    lot of information. Who has ever seen the special gorget for the Reiter-SA, an
    army prototype or many other (hardly known about) gorgets??

Also this one may interest you. However it does not include many uniform-photos,
    as it is dedicated to wall plaques of the Third Reich. As far as I know it is the only
    book about that subject from the Third Reich:

Daggers etc. in my books

Shown before in another thread, but I wanted them to have close to this thread:

Franz Seldte wearing the SA-dagger. This only could happen between summer 1933
    and November 1935, when the Nat.Soz. Deutscher Frontkämpfer-Bund (Stahlhelm)
    was abolished. Seldte, the Bundesführer, had "sold" his organization too the nazis.
    Two earlier shown; one photo is new.

Daggers etc. in my books

Daggers etc. in my books

Some SA: first Marine-SA and further see yourself.
    The one or the other is in reserve for an eventual later addendum;
    others are being used by me (credits: Wedeking from Germany
    and Taugourdeau from France):

The close-up shows the dagger is the other way round (you see the back)

Maybe more late night or tomorrow! Have a good weekend.................

A little bit of teasing, a foretaste. The complete photos will be published in volumes 6 and/or 7
    from "Headgear of Hitler's Germany". Just a random choice:

Daggers etc. in my books Daggers etc. in my books Daggers etc. in my books

(Bahnschutz, Postschutz, Postschutz)

(Dt.Jägerschaft and Berufsjäger)

(all three Forst)

(Heeeresforst and Forst)

(all Zoll, first daggers and two swords)

Watch again, anyway after the weekend. Enjoy!!

Volume 4 from "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" was dedicated to the "Schutzstaffel der NSDAP"
    (Allgemeine-SS, SS-TV and SS-VT and Germanische SS), as well as the "Nat Soz.Kraftfahrkorps"
    (not including wartime NSKK, as this was covered in volume 5). Here I would like to show some
    material which I had included in volume 4:

First a complete page from the book:
    Daggers etc. in my books

Some other photos from my files with the SS-dagger, which made it. The original caption from
    the book is included (credit: Jost W.Schneider files and my friend Bernd Wedeking):

Daggers etc. in my books

He (below) did'nt make it for the book: photo from spring 1938 with
    SS-Oberführer Walter Oberhaidacher from Graz (credit: Hessels).

Daggers etc. in my books

SS-swords:

Daggers etc. in my books

This one did not make it: Heinrich Schuldt from the LLAH (credit: JOst W.Schneider)

Now I will make a "dive" in boxes with discarded photos. But, as Schwarzenegger said:
    I'LL BE BACK!

Perfect and impressive are the early use in the photos above of the SS daggers use of the Type 1 snap clip

and to my Horror ....SS-Oberführer Walter Oberhaidacher and his carelessness disregard of his Chained SS..is one of many reasons why we see the scabbard paint chipped off on these areas. This photo should bring to light for the collector..the wear and tear of these edged sidearms.

Daggers etc. in my books

We acquire these edged works of art..and see them for what they are and how they appear..but none have seen too many photos of these touching hard surfaces...Kinda makes you want to choke this guy. During that time though..the future worth was inconceivable. Thankyou again Wim

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast