Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Daggers etc. in my books

Article about: In many of my books I included many photographs with the wearing of daggers, and occasionally swords. One of such books is for example: "Aiguillettes of the Third Reich". This book

Hey Larry (and others),

Daggers and swords were never "my thing", but as they were included with photographs
    and collectors do like this, these and such photographs were of course included in my books.
    I am merely a "uniform-guy". For me the daggers in some ways were a matter of secondary
    importance.
    I like it when I can please in one way or the other collectors with such material.

I am grabbing in my boxes and there is more on the way!

Have a good weekend you all!

Best regards: Wim/Wilhelm, whatever you like!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Daggers etc. in my books
    P
    Many

Ace material as always.

At this point, let me say how remarkable Wim's generosity is.

He would be perfectly within his rights to say: "If you want to see those photographs, go and buy my books."

Instead, he freely shares with us select photographs from his works (and some unpublished ones on top of that)... and in excellent, non-watermarked, high-res quality, no less.

A big thank you, once more.

Thanks HPL2008.

Of course I like it when my books are well-spread, as there is of course more and
    a lot of information in there to help collectors with knowledge. As I am never
    bothered by royalties (I am always and at any time paid with a number of books)
    the sales are merely for the benefit of the publisher. So to advertise a bit, is a thing
    I can do! I write my books from the information and regulations I have. Otherwise
    the information, in many occasions gets lost. When I would only "sit on it", it would
    not help anyone. Now I can serve others...................!!

Daggers etc. in my books

This is what I mentioned in an earlier post:
    I do not mark photographs, as this does not work at all (various forum members are
    able to remove the marks quite perfectly), but if one ever feels the need to use it, then
    please ask me for allowance and send me a PM. DO NOT simply "steal"
    With various threads I observed photographs from collectors, which are used by others,
    members from this forum. I am sure they did not ask allowance. They just "take" and
    adorn with borrowed plumes.

Daggers etc. in my books

That's all I ask.

By the way: this is the forum where I like to do this. They made me "lifetime member"
    and by this, it means for me, I have to do things for the community (when I am able
    to do so)! I am still digging:

Daggers etc. in my books
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 11-16-2014 at 10:46 AM.

Until now I showed material from some of my books.
    Since 1976 I have written over one-hundred articles for German magazines,
    as well as for the "Military Advisor" from Bender publishing (USA). Most articles
    were about hardly known about and/or obscure organizations, insignia worth writing
    about or insignia which was not or hardly known about or ever written about!

Today I scanned some stuff directly from such magazines. First from number 1 from
    winter 2001/2002. The entire magazine was dedicated to the "Grosses Militär-
    Waisenhaus
    " from Postdam (1724-1945), by most of you known as the Orphanage
    for children of deceased military Personnel. The article was covered over the pages 4
    through 36.
    Most collectors do not know, but at this institution the NPEA dagger was worn during
    the period they were NPEA, but also later when the institution had a bond with the army
    and the NPEA had nothing to do anymore with the Waisenhaus. The original caption
    from the magazine is included.

Daggers etc. in my books

Daggers etc. in my books Daggers etc. in my books

Second number 4 from fall 2005 with an article, titled: The German-Japanese
    youth exchange badges: a known & unknown oddity
    . Interesting during the
    1938 visit was the use of white leather gear (which also was een in wear at Italy).
    Most collectors, especially HJ interested, do know about the 1938 badge. The 1940
    form however was not known about before the publishing of my article. As far as
    known (anyway until today) only one such badge still exists and is in the hands
    of a person in Namibia. It was the badge his father did wear, which is stated
    by photographs (see for example the cover for the magazine).

Daggers etc. in my books

Enjoy. I am digging more for you!
    Blood, sweat and tears.....................

Daggers etc. in my books

Maybe you understand now, why I need much time for doing (this is just a part
    of my material and my photographs are not so well organized)!

Daggers etc. in my books
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 11-16-2014 at 04:28 PM.

Incredible Library Wim !!.....One can not rush greatness..its better to take ones time and have all attributable ...then to rush through research and the light shines more brightly on ones mistakes.

Please by all means take you time. The Candy Store is still quite large and enjoyable. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

You have some outstanding and, dare I say, rare photos Wim!
    Thank you for sharing them with us.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The photographs most often come from friends, I learned to know in the forty or more years I am in this "militaria"-business.
    These most kind guys assist me with their material (for free). All they ask is a proper credit. When a book is being released
    they of course get a copy (or more). Occasionally they hand over so much material, I then give them the chance to "be with
    me" on the cover. With some it works like that for years. But with some it does not work like that for many reasons.
    The acknowledgements tell enough, I think. When one has to buy all the photographs for a good reference, one cannot at all
    realize a book. It simply would cost to much. Believe me. Writing in many occasions is just a "work of charity"!!

For the books I am working with at this moment (I think it will be the volumes 6 and 7 for the series "Headgar of Hitler's Germany"
    for Bender Publishing), many headgear photos are waiting to be used. But of course also many, many photographs with headgear in
    use. Many will be covered, but also many I have to decide not to use. Using all of them is impossible.
    Not a good thing is: "the clock is ticking". Being over 70 does not give me possibly much time to end all of my plans! One never
    knows what will happen! All can suddenly end. And no one is there to take over my job, so?

Who knows: is this the end????

Hope I can continue tomorrow with more photographs, either from my books or from my files, waiting for an eventual addendum
    or otherwise!!

Volume 4 from "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" was dedicated to the "Schutzstaffel der NSDAP", as well as
    one of my favorite organizations, the "Nat Soz.Kraftfahrkorps". Here I would like to show some NSKK material,
    which I had included in that particular volume. Most shown photographs do include the original captions, due to the
    fact a lot of extra information was given with these captions. Note it is merely about headgear and not about daggers.

Daggers etc. in my books

Daggers etc. in my books

close-up from the hanger

Daggers etc. in my books

close-up from the hanger, which is a long chain of rings. Quite interesting!

Daggers etc. in my books

the hanger as worn by Hühnlein:

Daggers etc. in my books

the dagger is hung here straight by holding the grip with a small piece of leather:
    the Feststellriemen.

Daggers etc. in my books

?

Wilhelm thanks again for sharing all these lovely pics!
    These are lovely additions to this post and makes me look at them over and over again, trying to spot something i missed!

Thx!

Ger

A lot of great photos again !! cool military..and I have a lot of comments too......I can't copy and paste on the system here at my job because it is user unfriendly..so I will ad the photos later..but will number the photos with a comment

photo#1...I always thought flag consecrations were reserved for Hitler

Daggers etc. in my books

photo # 3 & 4 ...very sloppy attire wearing the snap clip in reverse. The snap clip opening needs to facing towards the SA Mann..I will report him later

Photo # 5 the Oberfuhrer also with a reverse clip and broken spring clip...not closed fully

Photos 6 & 7 the One leader appears to be Viktor Lutze..who has been seen wearing this rare chain assembly..and now to my surprise the SA officer 1st from the right leaves me to think now..only those within Lutzes circle were allowed to wear this same chain suspension..very interesting.

Thank you Wim once again. Best Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 11-19-2014 at 03:16 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast