Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

New Soviet Era Photos

Article about: Hi all. I recently picked up some Soviet photos in Latvia. I don't know much about Soviet uniforms so I just grabbed whatever took my fancy in the hope of learning more about them later. Any

Default New Soviet Era Photos

Hi all. I recently picked up some Soviet photos in Latvia. I don't know much about Soviet uniforms so I just grabbed whatever took my fancy in the hope of learning more about them later. Anyway, I hope you don't mind me sharing some of them and I hope they are of interest. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Soviet Era Photos   New Soviet Era Photos  

New Soviet Era Photos   New Soviet Era Photos  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Soviet Era Photos
    P
    Many

I remember seeing the belt buckle on this sailor in a reference book somewhere but can't remember where. Any help with that or the translation on the back would be appreciated. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Soviet Era Photos   New Soviet Era Photos  

An interesting image if a little faded. Any ideas about the writing on the back?

A few more.

New Soviet Era Photos  

1) For memory of Lida, Anatoly Ivanovich, Borya, Emma - from Sergei Bazarov, 24.11.1941.

2) 1943. Igor! "Long live our raft of worrying hands!" [words from the Russian poem]
    20th century

3) Armored train N226
    Siauliai city, (Lithuania)
    August 1945

Many thanks for the translations. Quite interesting that I presume the last photo are members of the crew of an armoured train.

This one is a bit later, being dated 1958 on the back. I just liked the look of bewilderment on their faces as the look at the rocket. "What the hell are we meant to do with that?!"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Soviet Era Photos  

I think thats pretty much it. Also picked up a couple of 1980s soldier's photo albums which I hope to post when I sort my camera situation out.

New Soviet Era Photos  

Dom
    ?

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    I remember seeing the belt buckle on this sailor in a reference book somewhere but can't remember where.
    It's a Railway school belt buckle .

Yes, "Ж.У." - Железнодорожное Училище, Railway school.