Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Photographs from Soviet bases in Finland - Hanko and Porkkala

Article about: Firstly I want to thank Auke for translating the captions of these photos for me and a number of others! He told that a lot of the photos had grammatical errors, so the text may seem weird a

Default Photographs from Soviet bases in Finland - Hanko and Porkkala

Firstly I want to thank Auke for translating the captions of these photos for me and a number of others! He told that a lot of the photos had grammatical errors, so the text may seem weird at times.

The first photo is from Hanko which is situated in Southern Finland. Finland had the loan the area to the Soviet Union because of the Moscow Peace Treaty after the Winter War.

A keepsake for my dear friend for life, Vera.
    Keep this picture as long as you can see your friend in it –
    When_______ appears, then burn in.
    Your friend for life
    Petya
    Hanko, February 18, 1941 [signed]

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photographs from Soviet bases in Finland - Hanko and Porkkala  
    Last edited by Aleksander P; 09-01-2019 at 06:58 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Photographs from Soviet bases in Finland - Hanko and Porkkala
    P
    Many

Here's a Soviet sailor in Porkkala. Porkkala was a Soviet base in Southern Finland (very near the capital region) and it was loaned to the Soviet union during the years 1944-1956.

Photographed during service in the Navy in Finland
    Porkkala Udd Peninsula
    March 23, 1955 [signed]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photographs from Soviet bases in Finland - Hanko and Porkkala  
    Last edited by Aleksander P; 03-30-2017 at 06:38 PM.

The same soldier in a higher rank.

A keepsake for my friend Volodya, from Dima.
    During our service together on Porkkala Udd with the Navy
    [signed]
    May 16, 1954

Jan
    ?

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    Firstly I want to thank Auke for translating the captions of these photos for me and a number of others! He told that a lot of the photos had grammatical errors, so the text may seem weird at times.

The first photo is from Hanko, which is situated in Southern Finland. Finland had the loan the area to the Soviet Union, because of the Moscow peace treaty, that was signed after the Winter War.

A keepsake for my dear friend for life, Vera.
    Keep this picture as long as you can see your friend in it –
    When_______ appears, then burn in.
    Your friend for life
    Petya
    Hanko, February 18, 1941 [signed]

Very interesting picture and nice of you to post it. It gives a face to the mostly unknown Soviet soldiers in "Gangut" 1940-1941.

Best, Jan