Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Saved by SN-42 Body Armor

Article about: I was browsing the SA-kuva archives and I stumbled upon this photo. This very young soldier sure was lucky. Russian soldier used body armor for his life’s protection. His life was saved and

Default Saved by SN-42 Body Armor

I was browsing the SA-kuva archives and I stumbled upon this photo. This very young soldier sure was lucky.

Russian soldier used body armor for his life’s protection. His life was saved and he was captured as a prisoner.

Terrain of Syskyjärvi, 1944.07.15.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Saved by SN-42 Body Armor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Saved by SN-42 Body Armor
    P
    Many

I wonder if he was hit by pistol/submachinegun rounds? i can't see that armour stopping rifle rounds. Great photo BTW!..

?

Are the bullet marks before or after he was captured?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I wonder if he was hit by pistol/submachinegun rounds? i can't see that armour stopping rifle rounds. Great photo BTW!..
    That's what I was thinking Gunny. Most likely hit by a spray of a submachine gun?

I remember seeing a photo of a SN-42 body armor with bullet marks before. Here's one that's located in the Mikkeli Infantry Museum.

Saved by SN-42 Body Armor

Photo taken from here: Panoramio - Photo of Neuvostoliitolainen sotilas, Pienoiskranaatinheitin

Excellent pic, I had not seen before. Thanks!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!