Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

1937 George Vanderbilt Cup Race event pin

Article about: Hey guys, not real sure where this should go as in "Threads and posts" , just picked this up. A July 5th 1937 event pin for the George Vanderbilt Cup Race.The race was held at Roos

?

Default 1937 George Vanderbilt Cup Race event pin

Hey guys, not real sure where this should go as in "Threads and posts" , just picked this up. A July 5th 1937 event pin for the George Vanderbilt Cup Race.The race was held at Roosevelt Race Way, Westbury, NY I love the look of it !!!!! It shows just how close the world, or should i say certain parts of the world were close internationally. 1937 was also the only year, i believe, that a German won this race. Bernd Rosemeyer and Ernst Von Delius were the German drivers that year. Rosemeyer won the race in 37, driving for Auto Union. This is an interesting fact, Rosemeyer was introduced to Elly Beinhorn (female long distance aviator, and future Mrs. Rosemeyer) in 1935. The Reich could not pass up being linked to the "celebrity" status of these two...... Himmler made Rosemeyer a member of the SS.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1937 George Vanderbilt  Cup Race event pin   1937 George Vanderbilt  Cup Race event pin  

1937 George Vanderbilt  Cup Race event pin   1937 George Vanderbilt  Cup Race event pin  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1937 George Vanderbilt  Cup Race event pin
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1937 George Vanderbilt Cup Race event pin

Not sure where it belongs either, but it's definitely a neat pin!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."