Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1943 Feldpost interesting content ?

Article about: Gday gents , has this 1943 feldpost got any interesting content ? Appreciate your time .

Default 1943 Feldpost interesting content ?

Gday gents , has this 1943 feldpost got any interesting content ?

Appreciate your time .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1943 Feldpost interesting content ?
    P
    Many

?

Hello, there are still a few words left which I am unable to decipher but here is what I can tell with certainty. I am neither English nor German native speaker; therefore please excuse my clumsy summary.

The letter was written by a Soldier (Soldat) named Neuer on December 7th, 1943, in Grünheide. It is addressed to his wife "Lottchen" (diminutive of Charlotte) and their son Hans-Georg.

The soldier mentions how he travelled through various places in the vicinity of Berlin in the previous day(s). He arrived to Baruth at 6:30 AM. An hour later left Wünsdorf, and then had to wait for half an hour in Erkner before he finally reached Fangschleuse, where he found accommodation. He notes, however, that he was unable to sleep well what he attributes to the hard bed. On Monday (which was December 6th) had to go to nearby Grünheide. It seems that he had to make way for …. (Unfortunately, the key word is illegible for me but I am inclined to believe the place got overcrowded). However, he finds the life in Grünheide to be more tranquil. He also shortly mentions the weather which was cold but dry. Then he briefly describes the way how to reach Grünheide in case his wife would like to visit him. In the last sentence he adds that he has not received any post yet apart from one brief. It seems that the brief was forwarded to him by his wife and was originally written by someone’s mother (the name looks like Eve’s mother).

Hope this translation helps a bit. I will try to decipher the few missing words to give the full account of his story.

Pavel

Pavel Thankyou for the translation and taking the time . Much appreciated . Sounds like he possibly was on leave ?

?

Hello,
    it is possible; the other option is that he was newly assigned there for he still had the most basic rank (Soldat) at the time. This makes me believe he could be a fresh recruit. According to the stamp his unit was Verwaltungstruppen-Ersatz-Abteilung 1. The following source: Verwaltungstruppen-Ersatz-Abteilung 1 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht says it was a food supplying unit consisting of various bakers, butchers, and similar cooking jobs. It seems likely he could be a cook. I guess it was quite a good place how to come through the war.