Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

9 Kompanie Gebirgsjäger Regiment 100

Article about: Here's a photo album I got in Germany about a year ago, down around Schloss Neuschwanstein from a man's very neat little antique shop. Pardon my shoddy photography skills, if anyone would li

Default 9 Kompanie Gebirgsjäger Regiment 100

Here's a photo album I got in Germany about a year ago, down around Schloss Neuschwanstein from a man's very neat little antique shop. Pardon my shoddy photography skills, if anyone would like a higher quality pic of any specific pages/photos I can definitely try to get one (:

Starting it off, these pages are in all of the photo albums I've got, and depict the portraits and signatures of Adolf Hitler, Werner von Blomberg, Werner von Fritsch, Erich Raeder, and Hermann Goering. I'll post the other pages in this thread, I don't know how many I can share in a single post.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 9 Kompanie Gebirgsjäger Regiment 100
    P
    Many

The first pages past the general officers are dedicated to the officers relevant to the book itself.

This book has a bit of writing in it in this blue pen, which I assume means Wilhelm Lang/his family were the ones who owned the book.

This first photo here is neat due to the officer having an m18 cutout. Another album I've got is Kavallerie, so nearly all of the officers wear the cutout, I didn't expect non-cav officers to wear it though. If anyone has a reason for this I'd love to learn more (:
    These photos with the donkeys are fun, the top right photo came out a bit blurry on my phone but the caption mentions that one was taken with the man's field cap on, while the lower two he switched to his peaked cap.

This is definitely one of the neatest sets of photos in here, aside from training photos. Most of them are very high quality irl (as are most of the photos in this book), and offer a bit more personality to these men as it shows them as individuals, not just as a group.

Training photos are always cool.
    Seeing the men wear the striped m16/18 helmets with machine guns in foxholes never gets old.
    The photo on the bottom right here is my single favourite training photo from this album, if anyone knows a way I could get a high quality digital version of it without damaging the book I'd love to know.
    I've seen quite a few people who are interested in photos of German girls wearing their husbands/male family's uniforms, though these are only their hats, it still adds to the general 'merriment' that these prewar pics so often depict.

This photo is neat, one man's got his skis lodged into the side of a snow trench.
    In the bottom right, as 'it rains' the men are all wearing their camouflaged ponchos.
    The bottom left photo is an often-seen aesthetically pleasing formation pic, as with many others it looks wonderful irl due to the great film quality.

Thanks for sticking through this massive set of photos, I'll share my other albums on here in other threads whenever I get the chance, and hopefully with higher quality if I can figure out a good way to do so. I know a few people who do professional film digitization who I may ask for assistance, but I'm not sure if they'd be much help given the nature of a book vs regular photo/movie film.

Hi Antonio.

What a fantastic photo album, there are so many great photos that I could comment on, thank you for sharing it with us.

What I think you have is a great piece of history which belonged to a soldier that became a member of Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 100. The reason I say this is because of post #5 (fourth photo down) which mentions Infanterie Regiment 19.

Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 100 was formed on October 15, 1935 in Military District VII. The 1st Battalion was set up by donations from Infanterie Regiment 19. The II. Battalion was created from taxes of the state police. The III. Battalion was formed from the II. Training Battalion of Infanterie Regiment 19.

Gebirgs-Jäger-Regiment 100 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Kind regards,

Will.

A flatbed scanner is a reasonably inexpensive piece of kit to make scans of photos. You should be able to do this without removing pictures from the album. A nice collection Antonio, lucky to find such an album intact.

TWS
    ?

Great find! Very neat early album.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

This is a great Gebirgsjäger album full of fine, early photographs. If only the album contained photos of later years so we could know if he was at Crete.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast