Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Anyone have info about Otto Hammer Luftwaffe?

Article about: Hello, do you have record of Otto Hammer, born 15. 11. 1893. in Weiler - Weissenburg.? Look at photos. Thanks.

?

Default Anyone have info about Otto Hammer Luftwaffe?

Hello,

do you have record of Otto Hammer, born 15. 11. 1893. in Weiler - Weissenburg.?

Look at photos.

Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anyone have info about Otto Hammer Luftwaffe?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anyone have info about Otto Hammer Luftwaffe?
    P
    Many

Numizz, I found this Oblt. Otto Hammer in the Luftwaffe Officers Career Summaries, 1935-1945.

HAMMER, Otto. (DOB: 07.04.16 in Köln). 01.07.43 promo to Oblt. 6 KIA - Bf 110 F-4 crashed vic Mamaia/Romania due to engine trouble. Buried at Constanţa. The DOB and birthplace do not match you man, but this is the only entry for Otto Hammer in the register. Dwight

It looks like he was awarded a black wound badge, the First World War EK1 and EK2. He is also wearing the 1939 Spange on the EK2 ribbon. This was awarded to those who received either of the first two classes of the Iron Cross in World War I, and would have earned the same class in the Second World War.

His highest rank looks like Major (bottom right photo). From the black and white photos I’d say the collar tab isn’t yellow for flight personnel, but is possibly red for artillery or flak.

He might have some insignia on his shoulder boards too, but we would need closer photos to tell.

I checked and he isn’t listed on the Volksbund either.

Is there any writing on the rear of the photos by the way.

Regards,

Will
    Last edited by Willmore; 10-08-2020 at 10:01 PM.

?

Hello,

thank you for answers.

Interesting that is no data about this man.

Look at better photos.

I put also his after war passport.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anyone have info about Otto Hammer Luftwaffe?   Anyone have info about Otto Hammer Luftwaffe?