Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

BOOK: Feuer und Farbe; 1943

Article about: This is the last of the series. There are two other books, very different; I'll save them for tomorrow. 8 3/4" X 9 5/8"; 143 pages; embossed front (board) cover, stained and all bu

Default BOOK: Feuer und Farbe; 1943

This is the last of the series. There are two other books, very different; I'll save them for tomorrow.

8 3/4" X 9 5/8"; 143 pages; embossed front (board) cover, stained and all but separated from the binding; one signature loose, but complete.

The book is a compilation of drawings by many artists; various scenes, presumably throughout Europe, during the war.

These are FINE works, each one...all B&W; pencil, ink, charcoal. Portraits, land- and water-scapes, groups of soldiers, civilians, etc.

There is a listing of titles and artists.

Fire And Colour; Initiated by Walthur Truge.
    Content Headings, roughly translated:

WAR AND ART AS IDEA
    THE NEW FACE OF WAR
    IMAGE DESCRIPTION
    IMAGE DIRECTORY
    PART OF THE IMAGE

I'll be interested to hear if others have seen or read one of these...a remarkable publication, IMO.

As usual, more pics are available for the asking.

BOOK: Feuer und Farbe; 1943BOOK: Feuer und Farbe; 1943BOOK: Feuer und Farbe; 1943BOOK: Feuer und Farbe; 1943

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BOOK: Feuer und Farbe; 1943
    P
    Many

I would like to see some of the artwork please!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I would like to see some of the artwork please!
    As you requested, Adrian...this is just a few, there are many others.

BOOK: Feuer und Farbe; 1943BOOK: Feuer und Farbe; 1943BOOK: Feuer und Farbe; 1943BOOK: Feuer und Farbe; 1943BOOK: Feuer und Farbe; 1943BOOK: Feuer und Farbe; 1943BOOK: Feuer und Farbe; 1943BOOK: Feuer und Farbe; 1943BOOK: Feuer und Farbe; 1943BOOK: Feuer und Farbe; 1943BOOK: Feuer und Farbe; 1943BOOK: Feuer und Farbe; 1943BOOK: Feuer und Farbe; 1943BOOK: Feuer und Farbe; 1943BOOK: Feuer und Farbe; 1943

WLWhittier: I envy you having those excellent books. I have seen a similar book, but not that one. But I do have a postcard that is shown on the page headed Vignetten. On the back is printed, "Haus der Deutschen Kunst, München, Paul Mathias Padua, Der 10. Mai 1940." Here it is. Dwight
    BOOK: Feuer und Farbe; 1943

Really great color on the postcard, Dwight.

All those books will be for sale, eventually...I need to establish a reasonable value for them, given their condition.

A PM will get a dialog started, if you have interest.

wlwhittier: Let me know when and where you offer them for sale; I am interested. Thanks. Dwight