Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Book with SS and GESTAPO stamps

Article about: I have this book that came from Austria: "Von Zarenadler zur rothe Fahne". That book is dedicated to Sylvester Ganz, with signature and 12 SS PZ Hitlerjugend and GESTAPO stamp, 100

Default Book with SS and GESTAPO stamps

I have this book that came from Austria: "Von Zarenadler zur rothe Fahne". That book is dedicated to Sylvester Ganz, with signature and 12 SS PZ Hitlerjugend and GESTAPO stamp, 100% authentic. Who can tell me more about it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Book with SS and GESTAPO stamps   Book with SS and GESTAPO stamps  

Book with SS and GESTAPO stamps   Book with SS and GESTAPO stamps  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Book with SS and GESTAPO stamps
    P
    Many

Default Re: Book with SS and GESTAPO stamps

Hi, the book is period but is a fictional novel. But I do see some problems here:

Firstly, the stamp is not for the Gestapo (Geheime Staatspolizei): it actually reads Generalstaatsanwalltschaft.

Secondly, I cannot see any possible reason why the book would be marked with two stamps? Especially with a divisional stamp which would only be used at high level within the unit.

Why also stamp it twice in different coloured inks? The fact the same coloured ink is used for both stamps on the same page is also odd.

I feel the book has been stamped post war with fake stamps. I would also investigate that dedication page. Usually books given as gifts were poltical texts, not novels.

Cheers, Ade.

thanks, but all the stamps are from the same ink, the first page has been altered by humidity. how can we see of the stamps rae periodical or not?

The stamps all being done from the same ink is not right. Why would two completely separate organisations stamp the book at the same time with the same ink pad.

I cannot show any original ink stamps from these units as I don't have any of these particular ones in my collection.

But all ink stamps are now faked.

Cheers, Ade,

Generalstaatsanwalltschaft (Chief public prosecutor's office) and
    12th SS Hitler Jugend both stamping the book at the same time ?

Does seem a little strange.

Richie

Hi Richie, my point exactly.

Also why would a book which purports to have been presented in 1938 bear an ink stamp from a Waffen SS unit which was not raised until 1943.

Cheers, Ade.

?

The signature is difficult to see if it is printed or handwritten. It does appear to be the signature of Hans Zimmermann who was Kreisleiter of Stadt Nürnberg. The stamps are obvious fakes added after to increase the value of the book.
    W.