Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

CAUGHT LIKE FOXES IN A TRAP. Normandy V1 Propaganda

Article about: Picked this up this week I believe this is the first leaflet to be dropped on Allied soldiers after the Normandy landings threatening the new V weapons ! Is a vet bring back Cheers

Default CAUGHT LIKE FOXES IN A TRAP. Normandy V1 Propaganda

Picked this up this week

I believe this is the first leaflet to be dropped on Allied soldiers after the Normandy landings threatening the new V weapons !

Is a vet bring back

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CAUGHT LIKE FOXES IN A TRAP. Normandy V1 Propaganda   CAUGHT LIKE FOXES IN A TRAP. Normandy V1 Propaganda  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement CAUGHT LIKE FOXES IN A TRAP. Normandy V1 Propaganda
    P
    Many

WOW. Great piece. Did you buy this item online? I would love to find one like it for my collection.

Quote by travisgreyfox View Post
    WOW. Great piece. Did you buy this item online? I would love to find one like it for my collection.
    Via online seller but not a dealer

Cheers

Thanks for showing and congratulations on this unusual piece...I've seen other V-Weapon Propaganda Leaflets, but not this particular example...I wonder if the newspaper quotations were real or if they were made up by the Nazis to lend credence to their boasting...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Thanks for showing and congratulations on this unusual piece...I've seen other V-Weapon Propaganda Leaflets, but not this particular example...I wonder if the newspaper quotations were real or if they were made up by the Nazis to lend credence to their boasting...
    cheers, Glenn
    Thanks Glenn, Yes that is a very good point. I feel that the newspaper quotes were real, although I have not researched them fully. As we know the later V2 strikes were kept quiet by the British Government for a while, although they could not cover up the V1 strikes due to them being so conspicuous in the skies.
    Cheers