Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

coupons & rations

Article about: Hi, These coupons and rations are very interesting, it can allow one to follow administration and also the lives of forced workers in occupied Europe. I would love to find out more on the Lu

Default coupons & rations

Hi,

These coupons and rations are very interesting, it can allow one to follow administration and also the lives of forced workers in occupied Europe.
    I would love to find out more on the Lublin card...was it used by a forced worker or a volunteer?

Thanks,
    Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture coupons & rations   coupons & rations  

coupons & rations   coupons & rations  

coupons & rations   coupons & rations  

Attached Images Attached Images coupons & rations  coupons & rations 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement coupons & rations
    P
    Many

meanjoe
    ?

Default Re: coupons & rations

there were also some sort of meat coins was there not?

Hi,

I am not familiar with meat coins issued by the Germans for camp usage or forced laborers, maybe privately? I think meat coins might have been issued by the allies?

Neil.

Once again you have shown some interesting items.

The Jewish bread card caught my eye.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade,

Thanks.
    That ration card came in a group of documents all belonging to the same Jewish individual: pre-war university papers, Russian occupation papers (1939-1941) and then this ration, ghetto ausweis and then forced-labor ID registration. Sadly, he did not survive the war.I can send them scans later on, when I return home.
    Large parts of my papers are also war-Jewish related.

Rgrds,
    Neil.

Hi Neil, I cannot recall seeing many Jewish related items of paperwork for sale? I would imagine they are very hard to find? You have done well in getting them. These are important historical documents.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade,

Yes, you are right, Jewish raleated material is rare and more desired, but they do pop up in sales in the US. Some of my good items came also from Europe.

Rgrds,
    Neil.

Thanks for sharing