Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Death notice of a German soldier

Article about: Hello! I got hold of a document notifying the family of a soldier about his death, I tried to find out more about it on the Internet. The only thing I managed to find out about the soldier w

?

Post Death notice of a German soldier

Hello! I got hold of a document notifying the family of a soldier about his death, I tried to find out more about it on the Internet. The only thing I managed to find out about the soldier was that in Tuttlingen, where he lived with his family, his father was a veterinarian Dr. Friedrich Dolz was born: 1886, I have the Wehrpass, he is kept open as a fallen soldier at the World War II memorial site. I'll post pictures of two more letters where his father inquires about his son.Unfortunately, I couldn't find out anything else about it, but I would be interested! Maybe someone could help me find out where he served in which unit, what can be known about him, I see he had the rank of lieutenant. Thanks Peeloo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Death notice of a German soldier   Death notice of a German soldier  

Death notice of a German soldier   Death notice of a German soldier  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Death notice of a German soldier
    P
    Many

The feldpostnummer mentioned was assigned to Grenadier Rgt 511, but if his casualty card is located then his unit will be confirmed, as will his cause of death and burial location.

?

Thanks, BlackCat1982

Further correction, I've looked closer at the letter and see that he was killed near Bolchow, Orel. I'm having trouble posting at the moment but I will try to post the situation map of the area in July 1943 when he was killed. I should correct my earlier post in as far as the unit was Infanterie Regiment 511, part of the 293 Infanterie Division. The Grenadierie unit change occurred later.

?

There is a Volksbund entry for Friedrich Dolz but no casualty card posted for him. As the first document states, he was born 15 May 1914 in Insmingen (Insming, France). He fell as a Leutnant near Marino on 12 July 1943. His remains/location has not been found yet for reinterment.

We know he was in Grenadier Regiment 512 but not the kompanie. On the same day there were casualties from 11. and 13. kompanie as well as the stab. That week others from 1.,7., and Stab I. fell in the same location. None of these men were from the same recruiting district as Friedrich would have passed through.
    Last edited by Witt; 01-28-2024 at 06:04 PM.

?

BlackCat1982, is that what you meant? I found this.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Death notice of a German soldier  

?

Thanx, Witt!

Yes Peeloo that was one of them. This was during the battle of the Kursk salient. The 293rd Division was raised in Berlin, Friedrich and his comrades belonged to the “Bear Division”, the Bear symbol of Berlin being the adopted Division symbol.

?

Hello! I found this in the red cross search catalog today. Although Ulyanovo was given for his disappearance. The papers are now accompanied by a picture. If anyone has a death card about him, I'd love to see it. Thanks for the help. Peeloo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Death notice of a German soldier  

Quote by Peeloo View Post
    Hello! I found this in the red cross search catalog today. Although Ulyanovo was given for his disappearance. The papers are now accompanied by a picture. If anyone has a death card about him, I'd love to see it. Thanks for the help. Peeloo
    Hi Peeloo, great work.

Kind regards,

Will.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast