Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Deutsche Inselzeitung from Jersey Channel Islands

Article about: hi, I am hoping to have uploaded and image of a German language newspaper produced here in Jersey during the German Occupation for the troops who were stationed here. I have a small collecti

Default Deutsche Inselzeitung from Jersey Channel Islands

hi,
    I am hoping to have uploaded and image of a German language newspaper produced here in Jersey during the German Occupation for the troops who were stationed here. I have a small collection of these papers which over the period of the 5 year Occupation had a number of different heading at the top of the front page. If I am successful with this pics I will add more to the thread. The last issue of this paper was printed on the 8th of May 1945. The Island was not liberated until the 9th.
    I am looking for examples of this paper that are not in my archive, so if you have any then please email me at damienhorn1@gmail.com or if you would like to see some of my collection then look at Home
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsche Inselzeitung from Jersey Channel Islands  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsche Inselzeitung from Jersey Channel Islands
    P
    Many

Default re: Deutsche Inselzeitung from Jersey Channel Islands

That is a beauty, a great example.
    Were these only published for the channel islands?
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Hi Nuno,
    Yes these papers were only for Jersey, Guernsey had its own called the Guernsey Zeitung... I will take a few pics of one of those and post it when I have dug it out.
    D.

I can't imagine any good news stories on May 8th 1945! A translation of that edition would make for some interesting reading indeed. I'm curious that at that stage of the war that print stock was still available amid what I assume was a blockade of the island.

Hi Glenn
    As you will see, the whole edition looks a mess. Not what you'd expect from the German's at all but it was literally over for them by then. The paper had been reduced in size in an effort to save paper, as you say the Islands were blockaded by then.
    This last edition is one of the hardest to get hold of and as you say if translated it would make interesting reading for sure.
    All the best,
    D.

?

I see you are out for these papers. I would like to tell you that if you type in any search the “Deutsche InZelzeitung” then you will, most likely, nothing find on the Internet. You should try with a search for “Deutsche InSelzeitung”.
    Best regards,
    Gary.

Hi Gary,
    You spotted my typo...well done, that's why I don't work for a newspaper I just can't spell.
    D

?

No wonder! Who can actually read and, even more, spell Suetterlin nowadays properly?
    Hope it helps you to find some more papers for your collection.
    Regards,
    Gary

Default Re: Deutsche Inselzeitung from Jersey Channel Islands

Corrected the thread title for you

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: Deutsche Inselzeitung from Jersey Channel Islands

Hi,
    I am adding new items to my website from my collection, if you want to see more then go to German WW2 Militaria - Home
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast