Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DRK Propaganda Poster: Info/Translation Help

Article about: Hi guys, I was hoping someone might be able to help me out a bit with this new piece I just acquired, a DRK propaganda poster that quotes Joseph Goebbels. I believe these were published week

Default DRK Propaganda Poster: Info/Translation Help

Hi guys,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me out a bit with this new piece I just acquired, a DRK propaganda poster that quotes Joseph Goebbels. I believe these were published weekly? It measures 35cm x 24.5cm and I believe the words roughly translate to the following: "The Führer Has Called Us Then We Will All Come and Bring Our Sacrifice." Is this accurate or can anyone offer a more exact translation? I'm also curious if anyone can tell me where posters like these might have been posted... I'm assuming in Red Cross offices and buildings.

Any help, thoughts or comments are most appreciated!

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRK Propaganda Poster: Info/Translation Help   DRK Propaganda Poster: Info/Translation Help  

DRK Propaganda Poster: Info/Translation Help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRK Propaganda Poster: Info/Translation Help
    P
    Many

Default Re: DRK Propaganda Poster: Info/Translation Help

I have forgotten more German than I probably knew at 4 but your translation is good enough.
    Only help I may provide is at the bottom.
    Wochen (weekly) Spruch (speak, spoke) but probably More like the Weekly Word to make sense translated and then NSDAP / 16th to 22nd June, 1940 ...
    Zentral (Central) Verlag of the NSDAP, Munchen

I'm sure someone will pop in and explain the entire thing but I'm stuck on the dates. If this was printed for June 16 -22 why is that thing dated 2 months earlier on the 17th of April, 1940.

Best I can do and good luck,
    Rudy

Rudy makes good point, Date of Printing precessed the Date on the Document (?) I'm not sure this is meant to be a poster, maybe a little small---A4 in size)? These are not my Area of interest but Would be cautious of this one

Thanks for the replies, gentlemen It is a quite original piece...I have no doubt of that. I think that the date discrepancy is in relation to Goebbels being quoted as saying this in Berlin on April 17th, 1940 and then the poster was printed about 2 months later. Perhaps others will chime in here as well.

Best,
    Adam

Didn't think it wasn't real but a misprint perhaps. Your theory makes sense however.
    Guess you can't quote a guy until he opens his mouth first.

Good luck,
    Rudy

That would look amazing next to my book.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRK Propaganda Poster: Info/Translation Help  

"Nun" should be translated as "now" rather than "then", but otherwise you got the meaning right.

The Wochenspruch der NSDAP (= "Weekly quote/saying/slogan of the NSDAP") was published from 1937 to 1944. (In 1939 the qoute-of-the-week was standardized on a national level, before that it was published individually on Gau level, so there could be different quotes for the same week.)

Printed on card stock in color and with graphic design elements , these Wochensprüche were weekly inspirational quotes from Hitler, various other important Nazi figures (such as Goebbels or Streicher), great figures from the past (such as Clausewitz, Moltke or Emperor Frederick the Great), poets etc. Using clip-on picture frames, the current Wochenspruch was displayed in public buildings, government agencies, schools, Nazi Party facilities ets.

This particular one was for display from Sunday, 16 to Saturday, 22 June 1940.

Please see here for other examples:
    Wochenspruch der NSDAP
    Wochenspruch der NSDAP
    Last edited by HPL2008; 01-27-2011 at 08:27 PM.

I've never seen one of these before. It seems that there should be many of these floating around out there since they were issued every week for seven years. Interesting piece.

Jay

Thanks for all the comments, guys and for that info, HPL2008... much appreciated. Yes, Jay...I agree it does seem that there should be more of these floating about if they were published weekly. This was a first for me as well...not sure why there aren't seen more often.

Best,
    Adam

?

Quote by aechols83 View Post
    Thanks for all the comments, guys and for that info, HPL2008... much appreciated. Yes, Jay...I agree it does seem that there should be more of these floating about if they were published weekly. This was a first for me as well...not sure why there aren't seen more often.

Best,
    Adam
    I imagine the German people were a bit fed up with propaganda by 1945, and there was a shortage of toilet paper................JMHO.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast