Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Dutch anti-german propaganda poster 1945

Article about: Hi everyone, I just bought this in an impulse. I think it's pretty cool as a Dutchman. Never came across this poster. Anyone seen this before?? Looks like it's plastered on a street corner s

Default Dutch anti-german propaganda poster 1945

Hi everyone,

I just bought this in an impulse. I think it's pretty cool as a Dutchman. Never came across this poster. Anyone seen this before?? Looks like it's plastered on a street corner somewhere in Holland. What do you think.

Cheers Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dutch anti-german propaganda poster 1945
    P
    Many

It is an interesting end-of the war poster urging German troops and armed Dutch to lay down their arms on the basis that all is lost and further resistance is pointless . In my view that is a very interesting and valuable item to have. Dwight

MAP
    ?

Nice. I like it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'll make a translation to point out the fact that the Dutch army was overrun in may 1940 and was not fighting with the Germans. Dutch Home Army means the Dutch resistance.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

APPEAL

To the officers and men of the Wehrmacht (Armed forces)

Comrades!

The Fuhrer has suffered a stroke and is dying.
    The Reichsfuhrer SS, Reichminister Heinrich Himmler, has offered a unconditional surrender to the British and Americans.
    You are totally surrounded by the enemy and the heavily armed Dutch Home army is standing between you and can attack at any moment.

UNDER THESE CONDITIONS IS EVERY RESTISTANCE FUTILE!

PUT DOWN YOUR ARMS!

Eliminate the fanatics, who want to stop you.

End it, like we have done this already.

Your comrades, who saved their lives for a new Germany.

Down with the extension of the war.

Long live Germany.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

This was published in 1945 and apparantly spread along the occupied territories in Holland. A nice piece of psychological warfare. The Dutch resistance was not able to make a major attack against the German Army who were on full force at that time. But if you read that it can make you quite paranoid.

I know a story of a guy who lives in Holland close to the German border. In January 1945 he hears a knock on the door of his house. Outside there are two German Fallschirmjager fully armed. They come in and ask the Dutchman if they can get civilian cloths because these young guys had enough, are scared and just want to survive the lost war. So the guy gives them civilian clothes and the Germans leave. But their complete gear is left at this guys home.

And it still is.

(Makes a collectors drool)

Cheers Paul
    Last edited by Irish1965; 03-20-2021 at 01:25 PM.