Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

dutch resistance notice

Article about: this was brought back by a british vet, when he was in holland after it fell he saw a woman crying because this had been pinned to her door so he ripped it down and now its sat in my cabinet

?

Default dutch resistance notice

this was brought back by a british vet, when he was in holland after it fell he saw a woman crying because this had been pinned to her door so he ripped it down and now its sat in my cabinet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture dutch resistance notice  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement dutch resistance notice
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: dutch resistance notice

A final warning from those friendly resistance guys, most of who weren't actually in the resistance until after the Germans had departed.

Nice bit of social history!

?

Indeed, an interesting piece of history. I wonder from what city/village, because this is obviously a 'local initiative' without the back-up of the 'official' resistance-authorities such as the Binnenlandse Strijdkrachten (Internal Forces), who were also recognised by both Allies and Germans as combattants and representatives of the State.
    I have never seen such a pamphlet in over 40 years of collecting. Next time when I go to Amsterdam, I'll ask round with the Dutch Resistance Museum, if they have any such-like 'warnings'.

Cheers,
    Odulf

?

i also would love to know from which town it was from, but sadly i got this from the son inlaw of the vet who passed away a few years ago, the other pieces in pic were also his bringbacks, rgds dave

?

I visited the Dutch Resistance Museum in Amsterdam a few weeks ago but certainly can't remember seeing anything like this on display.

John

A rare piece i would say Dave , did you get the other bits as well or just the notice , cheers Raymond

?

Hi Raymond, i got all of the bits from the family sadly they had some postcards and other bits that they had sold before i got in contact, but at least i got the rest rgds dave

Thank god you saved the rest from being split up , a sad fact that this happens to alot of vet bring back stuff. Still could be worse , heres a bit of a story that made me spew , a fews back i read in the local news paper about a ww2 vet that had just pasted away , a few days later some friends of mine turned up with some items they had just found at the local rubbish tip , you woulnd beleave it , but here was a framed photo and a document awarded to the very soldier that i had read about the few days prevous , shocking , the family must have turfed it all out ,still there safe now , cheers Raymond

?

the ebay haul i posted other day had been found in a bag in a skip,, but about 6 helmets and other bits of uniform wernt so lucky they got crushed

They should be shot at dawn, cheers Raymond

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast