Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eiserne Kreuz 2 Klasse Award Document

Article about: Wonder what you think of this one guys ? Awarded to an Obergefreiter Kern 7./J.R.215 78th Inf Div on 14/11/1941. Would I be correct in that this would have been issued at the Front ? The sel

Default Eiserne Kreuz 2 Klasse Award Document

Wonder what you think of this one guys ? Awarded to an Obergefreiter Kern 7./J.R.215 78th Inf Div on 14/11/1941. Would I be correct in that this would have been issued at the Front ? The seller advised that this is signed by Major General Emil Markgraf, (have not been able to confirm the date of his promotion to Lieutenant General, I think that rank shown on document is correct for that time). It doesn't glow under UV light, weighs 4 gramms & measures 140mm x 199mm. The paper quality is thicker than photo copy paper & has 'yellowed' slightly, it also has a very 'slight sheen' to it too, if you hold it up to the light the paper looks 'mottled'. If this is a genuine piece it's quite historical, as this would have been awarded to a brave soldier nearly at the gates of Moscow in 1941.
    Cheers guys !
    Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eiserne Kreuz 2 Klasse Award Document   Eiserne Kreuz 2 Klasse Award Document  

Eiserne Kreuz 2 Klasse Award Document   Eiserne Kreuz 2 Klasse Award Document  

Eiserne Kreuz 2 Klasse Award Document   Eiserne Kreuz 2 Klasse Award Document  

Eiserne Kreuz 2 Klasse Award Document  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eiserne Kreuz 2 Klasse Award Document
    P
    Many

looks ok to me too.

Cheers Harryamb, under magnification the 'typed text' has a few slight smudges & looking at the signature up close you can see that the ink is darker where there has been a change in writing direction & also under 40 x mag the edges of the signature are slightly irregular.
    Regards Paul

?

It's a very nice document. I like it!

Signed by General lieutenant Emil Markgraf. Stewy

Cheers guys ! When I've researched Emil Markgraf' s name, he comes up as a lieutenant General, but on this document he is a major general, wondered if that is correct for that 'point in time' & not a red flag, never owned/handled one of these before !
    Regards
    Paul

Nothing to worry about IMO, I have docs with similar quandaries. Even the Wehrmacht wasn't perfect. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Nothing to worry about IMO, I have docs with similar quandaries. Even the Wehrmacht wasn't perfect. Stewy
    Cheers mate, chuffed with this one, sitting next to me now !
    Paul

Quote by Pauls1970 View Post
    Cheers mate, chuffed with this one, sitting next to me now !
    Paul
    Or are you sitting next to it? Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Or are you sitting next to it? Stewy
    Ha ! Yep, that way round !
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast