Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Evacuation papers???

Article about: Hi, I think these are some sort of evacuation papers, am I right? Neil.

Default Evacuation papers???

Hi,

I think these are some sort of evacuation papers, am I right?

Neil.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Evacuation papers???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Evacuation papers???
    P
    Many

Default Re: Evacuation papers???

The lower, earlier document dated 4 October 1944 was sent by the government authorities of the Generalgouvernement at Krakau (Kraków) to the local authorities of the city of Radom and dealt with the naturalization of Ms. Irene Gut, a resident of Radom.
    She had been granted German citizenship and had already received the certificate of naturalization.
    Now her German identity card including its duplicate and the necessary paperwork was sent to the Radom authorities with the request to complete the identity card and then to hand it over to Ms. Gut. (It would seem she was a former Polish citizen of German stock.)

The top document, dated 5 July 1945 was issued by the District Governor of the Radom District.
    This document ordered our Ms. Gut to move to Tschenstochau (The German name for the Silesian city of Częstochowa) by unspecified means. All military and state offices were requested to allow unhindered movement and the document was also good as authorization to pass all roadblocks.
    Radom was conquered by the Red Army on 16 January 1945, so this travel order was very likely evacuation-related, indeed.

Default Re: Evacuation papers???

Thanks again!
    I find last days of the war related material very very interesting.