Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fragments; Former POW Friedrich Bergfeld.

Article about: I’m not sure whether these two scraps belong together or not. However I got them at the same time and I noticed that they are both dated for the same day, 13th September 1945. I would be g

Default Fragments; Former POW Friedrich Bergfeld.

I’m not sure whether these two scraps belong together or not. However I got them at the same time and I noticed that they are both dated for the same day, 13th September 1945.

I would be grateful if any members who can decipher Russian can confirm that the Cyrillic document refers to Friedrich also please.

Happy Easter and thank you for reading.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fragments; Former POW Friedrich Bergfeld.
    P
    Many

I can almost manage typed....
    It is a release document for a former POW born 1910 but the hand writing i find impossible to read.
    Фридрих Бергфельд must be Friedrich Bergfeld in russian

The more I look at it the more
    could read Bergfeld

Thank you Teck 147. The German I understand is basically saying that Herr Bergfeld is penniless and was asking for a train fayre.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Thank you Teck 147. The German I understand is basically saying that Herr Bergfeld is penniless and was asking for a train fayre.
    That would be basically correct

?

Hello Blackcat1982,

I wish you and your family a happy Easter too.

I can't help with Russian, but with German. That's why I translated the German card for you.

German:

Der entlassene Kriegsgefangene Friedrich Bergfeld ist mittellos. Wir bitten um einen Freifahrschein nach Egestorf in Hanover.

Polizeiamt
    gez. (gezeichnet) Zander

English:

The released prisoner of war Friedrich Bergfeld is penniless. We ask for a free ticket to Egestorf in Hanover.

police office
    signed Zander

The stamps are unfortunately not clearly legible on the photos, but the word at the bottom of the round stamp means "Wirtschaftsamt/economic office".

To give you a better idea, here is some information about the destination of the returnee:

The mentioned place Egestorf (also called Estörp in Plattdeutsch/Low German) is a part of the town of Barsinghausen in the region of Hanover in Niedersachsen/Lower Saxony.

Egestorf is located directly on the northern edge of the Deister (a mountain range in Lower Saxony) and borders in the south on the Wennigser Mark district of the Wennigsen municipality. To the west, Egestorf merges into the Barsinghausen district of Kirchdorf and the district of Langreder is to the north-east.

Best regards
    Wolf

?

Hello. On the Russian note it is written: Former prisoner of war Borgfeld Fritz Henrich born 1910 released on September 4, 1945 from a prisoner of war camp and goes to a place of permanent residence. Germany, Eggerdorf, Hanover.
    Russians write the names in the documents in the sequence surname, first name, last name. It is possible that the Russians confused the names due to the language barrier or for some other reason, but the surnames match, the other names are similar and the address matches. The dates also match. I think these are documents of the same person.

Georgi.

Thank you all gentlemen for your kind additional observations. My good wishes to all of you.