Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Freiwillingen Arbeitsdienst photo

Article about: I`ve never seen an armelabzeichen like this man is wearing before. If anyone can help me get some information, I sure would appreciate it! Stig

Default Freiwillingen Arbeitsdienst photo

I`ve never seen an armelabzeichen like this man is wearing before. If anyone can help me get some information, I sure would appreciate it!
    Stig
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Freiwillingen Arbeitsdienst photo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Freiwillingen Arbeitsdienst photo
    P
    Many

?

Hello, in our group we discussed this a few times, all we can speculate is that it is an early rendition of the shield that denotes the Abteilung of the Gruppe, just as the FAD buckle and then the official RAD buckle, the shield evolved as well, perhaps I can delve further into this but my files on rank and insignia is limited, I actually saw this picture a while back, did you purchase the photo ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Freiwillingen Arbeitsdienst photo  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Hi. Yes, I bought it, ebay.de. Though, not sure if it is an original photo or not?! Thanx for using your time to help me.
    Stig

?

Yes, it is definitely an original period photograph, for now all I can add is this, 1.) his rank is Oberfeldmeister, 2.) during 1935-36 the Gruppe 233 was Hilberghausen, 4/233 has documentation going back as far as 1933 (FAD) in Blechhammer b. Sonneberg, Ehrenname 'Hans Sauer',
    you have picked up a nice photo depicting a very early Dienststellenabzeichen, quite rare IMO..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "