Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

German Aircraft Recognition snaps

Article about: Are these photos/illustrations of german aircraft of German or Allies origin? There are 72 total. I lifted a couple to see what is on backs and only find the simplest of description printed

Default German Aircraft Recognition snaps

Are these photos/illustrations of german aircraft of German or Allies origin? There are 72 total. I lifted a couple to see what is on backs and only find the simplest of description printed there. I can not tell if these are Allies produced or if they were captured from an Axis service person. Has anyone seen this style before? Value? Again from same estate I have been offered and items are "taped"!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Aircraft Recognition snaps   German Aircraft Recognition snaps  

German Aircraft Recognition snaps   German Aircraft Recognition snaps  

German Aircraft Recognition snaps  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Aircraft Recognition snaps
    P
    Many

I am of the opinion that this was put together for Allied Forces...The writing above the photos was not done by a German, as the 7s aren't crossed, the 1s don't have the characteristic "nose" seen in German handwriting, and the 9 doesn't have the upward curve at the bottom as taught in German schools...Just my observations...
    cheers, Glenn

Glenn - the writing on the pages above the photos/illustrations is from the US veteran's scrapbook. That writing is not German handwriting. The cards are taped to pages of a scrapbook.

The card showing the HE-111 is illustrates what is typed or printed on the backs of the cards.

I agree with Glenn. Allied for me too.

Me 109 would be Bf 109 if German.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I agree with Glenn. Allied for me too.

Me 109 would be Bf 109 if German.

Cheers, Ade.
    thanks - I will try to look at the back of the ME-109 card to see if it is printed that way there. - UPDATE - i looekd and it is printed ME-109 on back too so Allie cards.