Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German essential worker travel pass?

Article about: Hi Everyone. Firstly hope you’re all well in these strange times and things are looking up for all. I’m looking for some advice on an item I’ve had in my collection for many many years

Default German essential worker travel pass?

Hi Everyone.

Firstly hope you’re all well in these strange times and things are looking up for all.

I’m looking for some advice on an item I’ve had in my collection for many many years.
    I’m not even certain where I obtained it from but I seem to remember it’s a travel pass for a factory worker.
    Obviously there’s a lot of information on the metal and card pass but I’m having trouble with a complete translation.
    Someone once suggested it was for a concentration camp worker but I dismissed that a long time ago thankfully.
    I’m thinking a bus or tram pass for an essential worker maybe?
    I’ve not seen the like before. Sadly the year is unreadable.
    Any help would be wonderful

Phil .German essential worker travel pass?German essential worker travel pass?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German essential worker travel pass?
    P
    Many

I think its just a personal travel permit. The firm Vermos AG, Köln produced pressed steel items and they made the metal holder. I think it may date to December 1927 but others will opine.

Hi
    I think the date you’re looking at is actually a serial number.
    It doesn’t really show up on the photo I’m afraid but the code in red reads 121727

Hi Phil

This is what I translate the writing as -

Personenzug Arbeiter Wochenkarte - Dotzheim Waldstrasse (Passenger train worker weekly pass - Dotzheim Waldstrasse)

I’m really not sure about the name of the pass holder, it looks something like Auguste Barth, but hopefully someone can confirm or correct that.

Here is one to another train worker, so maybe this was the standard holder for this kind of pass?

*Edit - I’m not sure if the pass is for a railway employee, or for a worker who uses the train.

(Source) - https://www.lot-tissimo.com/de-de/au...8-a7df0126111f
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German essential worker travel pass?  
    Last edited by Willmore; 08-23-2021 at 05:06 PM.

Many many thanks for the info.
    Greatly appreciated.
    And great pass too. For something that must have been quite common there seems to be precious few about

Fragilefox; Based on the woman's clothing and hair style, the train ticket was issued sometime in the 1920's or the first half of the 1930’s, which was in peacetime, so she was probably not an essential worker, at least not during the time that ticket was issued. Dotzheim is a borough in Wiesbaden, and prior to 1928, was a village in the Duchy of Nassau that was incorporated into Wiesbaden in 1928
    The railroad was the Aartalbahn (Aar Valley Railway) that was a 53.7 km (33.36 miles) long line that ran between Wiesbaden and Diez in Rhineland-Palatinate. The southern part of the Aar Valley Railway ran through Hesse and the section between Diez and Zollhaus lies in Rhineland-Palatinate. The train station in Wiesbaden was on Waldstrasse.
    The woman worked for Vermos AG für Spezialmaschinen und Apparatebau that was headquartered in Köln. The company made special machines and apparatus and had satellite shops throughout Germany. She was probably a skilled worker, capable of using machinery and doing precision work. Below is an example of the sort of product the company produced, an arcade shooting game. I hope this is of some use to you. Dwight
    German essential worker travel pass?

Ooopps I am mistaken about Vermos AG für Spezialmaschinen und Apparatebau beng the firm for which she worked, the rest of my conjecture is also erroneous. Blackcat1982 is correct that Vermos AG für Spezialmaschinen und Apparatebau is the company that made the metal holder. I found several of the pass holders and all of them bore the signature of the Vermos AG für Spezialmaschinen und Apparatebau. I had allowed myself to be misled by what I read in the German Business Register found in the Bundes Archiv. I also used Billings, Victor L. 1950. “Patent System Re-Established for Germany.” (Journal of the Patent and Trademark Office Society). Vol. 32, 498-499, 502. PDF
    Under the German patent system there were two Patent levels, DRP (Deutsches Reich Patent) and DRGM (Deutsches Reich Gebrauchsmuster). Products that have the letters DRP on the left and to the right DRGM, following the manufacturer’s name, were made from 1891 to 1945, after WWII products are stamped DBP and DBGM. A D.R.P. could protect anything, including processes and methods. But a D. R.G. could only protect products. The term of a Deutsches Reich Gebrauchsmuster, was 10 years from the date of registration. whereas, a Deutsches Reich Patent usually had a term of 15-20 years from the date of filing of the application.
    I finally found the correct information in, Billings, Victor L. 1950. “Patent System Re-Established for Germany.” (Journal of the Patent and Trademark Office Society).
    I apologize for the error and thanks to Blackcat1982 for providing the right information. Dwight