Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Soldier Field Post Translation

Article about: Hello! I recently came across multiple letters from a German soldier believed to be in the Kriegsmarine. I have about 40 letters from him dating from 1941-1944, as well as his death certific

Default German Soldier Field Post Translation

German Soldier Field Post TranslationGerman Soldier Field Post TranslationGerman Soldier Field Post TranslationGerman Soldier Field Post Translation
    Hello!
    I recently came across multiple letters from a German soldier believed to be in the Kriegsmarine. I have about 40 letters from him dating from 1941-1944, as well as his death certificate from 1944. I was wondering if anyone knows how to translate these letters or knows any way I can get these translated? Thanks! Here is one of these letters:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Soldier Field Post Translation
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

If you can read the script, just type it into Google Translate. It will give you a rough translation

I find that as I try to translate hand written documents, I fairly quickly pick up the authors writing style and my transposition gets more accurate over time
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

You have it posted with the first page of the letter at the bottom and the last page at the top.

"Dear Parents!

Seit einigen Tagen habe ich nicht gelengenheit..."

Sorry, a bit too much for me to have a go at. I'm fairly fluent and can make out much of the handwriting, but I can't even find time to translate all the letters in my own collection. A native speaker would have an easier and quicker time for sure. Perhaps one will chime in.

If you ever need something short, like a key paragraph, I might be your guy, but a four-page letter is a big ask for me at the (slow) speed at which I could do it.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."