Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Group of soldiers to identify

Article about: Hello! I got these from Lisbon last month. Normally not my cup of tea, but I was a little intrigued by the different uniforms in the same group of people. Aren't there Germans and Americans?

?

Default Group of soldiers to identify

Hello!
    I got these from Lisbon last month. Normally not my cup of tea, but I was a little intrigued by the different uniforms in the same group of people.
    Aren't these Germans and Americans? One dude looks like wearing a Soviet issue tunic... Post war period?

Can any of you, knowledgeable folks, share your idea on who and when? If any one can recognize the trees in the background, then we get where too.

The reverses are not informative, but there are pencil handwriting with the same numbers as on the photo: "2-51" and "2-72".
    The photos used to sit glued in an album, but were ripped out.

Group of soldiers to identify

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Group of soldiers to identify
    P
    Many

?

Hi Egorka,
    They appear to be German Officers (at least one Luftwaffe) in a POW Camp, some of whom have been issued British or Commonwealth Battle Dress in place of their own lost or damaged tunics (though some of these garments look decidedly odd).
    On second viewing, those at front right of the second image may include old Service Dress and a Royal Marines blue tunic (with stand collar), though I need to double check the pattern.
    Exactly where is a mystery to me, but I’m not a botanist...
    I’ll let you know if I can dig anything else out of them!
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Last edited by Kohima; 05-24-2018 at 10:49 AM.

Agreed. Definitely German officers as POWs in Allied captivity. (As for names, place and date, no idea.)