Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hand drawn Luftwaffe certificate

Article about: About a month ago I ended up winning an interesting German document on auction. The auction only had a few people bidding on it, and I ended up winning the document for only \\$7. I bought it

Default Hand drawn Luftwaffe certificate

About a month ago I ended up winning an interesting German document on auction. The auction only had a few people bidding on it, and I ended up winning the document for only $7. I bought it purely on a whim due to the low price I was able to get it for

This document certainly makes me scratch my head. It appears to be some type of large certificate made for a soldier of the 29th flak regiment. What I find the most interesting about this document is that it appears to be hand drawn. When looking at the Luftwaffe eagle closely I can see areas where the artist erased certain areas he made mistakes on.

Could this document possibly be original at all? I sent photos of it to my good friend and fellow member "BrodieBartfast" over email, and he found the stamp on the lower right corner to be odd. I agree with him too. Why would an official stamp like that be on a custom handmade piece?

The certificate itself is made out of a thick 'Yet fragile' paper. I also thought it was worth mentioning that the seller I got this from is located in Germany. Supposedly he was liquidating his lifelong collection.

Any and all thoughts would greatly appreciated.

Hand drawn Luftwaffe certificateHand drawn Luftwaffe certificateHand drawn Luftwaffe certificateHand drawn Luftwaffe certificateHand drawn Luftwaffe certificate

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hand drawn Luftwaffe certificate
    P
    Many

I also wanted to show this as well.

On the very bottom right corner it appears to be the artist’s name?

Hand drawn Luftwaffe certificate

MAP
    ?

I see no reason to believe that this was not period done.

It appears to be some type of "appreciation" certificate that a Flak unit put together (created) as a "thank you" for their training.

Really bad translation "The excellent training supervisor to reminisce about the sergeant attendant"

Note: You can also see the erased hand drawn "ruler" lines done in pencil. And the stamp is hand drawn as well

I think it is pretty neat
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you so much MAP!

I really value and appreciate your opinion on this piece. I suppose I did good for $7?

I really like this, thank you for sharing it with us...

I had a search around and I found some information on a Hauptmann Kurt Bügelsack.

BÜGELSACK, Kurt. (DKiG). 03.41 Hptm., appt Kdr. I./Flak-Rgt. 9 “Legion Condor”. 01.02.42 promo to Maj. 27.02.42 Maj., awarded DKG, Kdr. I./Flak/Rgt. 9. 19.07.43 at FAS I, trf to Luftgaukdo. VI for further assignment. 15.08.43 appt Kdr. schw.Flak-Abt. 366 (to 09.43). 10.09.43 trf to Flak- Ers.Abt. 36 (Führerreserve). 07.44 Maj., Kdr. schw.Flak-Abt. z.b.V. 11500. 01.45 Maj., Kdr. II./Flak-Rgt. 10.

Page 592 -
    http://www.ww2.dk/Lw%20Offz%20-%20A-F%20Apr%202021.pdf

Quote by Luftwaffe 1941 View Post
    Thank you so much MAP!

I really value and appreciate your opinion on this piece. I suppose I did good for $7?
    1,000 times over yes! The artwork alone is mighty nice, and period done? That's awesome!

I guess my gut feeling on this one was wrong! A wonderful and unique piece of art. A shame it hasn't survived in the best condition, but as long as it's kept framed it can be enjoyed for years to come.

B.B.

Quote by Willmore View Post
    I really like this, thank you for sharing it with us...

I had a search around and I found some information on a Hauptmann Kurt Bügelsack.

BÜGELSACK, Kurt. (DKiG). 03.41 Hptm., appt Kdr. I./Flak-Rgt. 9 “Legion Condor”. 01.02.42 promo to Maj. 27.02.42 Maj., awarded DKG, Kdr. I./Flak/Rgt. 9. 19.07.43 at FAS I, trf to Luftgaukdo. VI for further assignment. 15.08.43 appt Kdr. schw.Flak-Abt. 366 (to 09.43). 10.09.43 trf to Flak- Ers.Abt. 36 (Führerreserve). 07.44 Maj., Kdr. schw.Flak-Abt. z.b.V. 11500. 01.45 Maj., Kdr. II./Flak-Rgt. 10.

Page 592 -
    http://www.ww2.dk/Lw%20Offz%20-%20A-F%20Apr%202021.pdf
    Wow!! I greatly appreciate you taking the time to research this for me. He was supposedly in the Condor Legion? Fascinating to say the least!

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    I guess my gut feeling on this one was wrong! A wonderful and unique piece of art. A shame it hasn't survived in the best condition, but as long as it's kept framed it can be enjoyed for years to come.

B.B.
    It was my gut feeling too, so you weren't alone!

Thanks again for looking at it for me over email. In this instance I'm happy to see our guts were wrong!

Quote by RustyRelics View Post
    1,000 times over yes! The artwork alone is mighty nice, and period done? That's awesome!
    Thank you so much for your kind thoughts on this piece!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast