Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer soldier wearing light colored helmet

Article about: I bought this photograph from Jarrett recently, and of course I love it. It's my first! What immediately stuck out with me, was just how light colored his helmet was. It's VERY light colored

Default Heer soldier wearing light colored helmet

I bought this photograph from Jarrett recently, and of course I love it. It's my first! What immediately stuck out with me, was just how light colored his helmet was. It's VERY light colored compared to what I normally see. Camouflage? At any rate, I used an AI coloriser, and the helmet had a tan tint to it (AI Barely colorised anything in the photo) Anyways, I got to thinking that perhaps this guy was a tropical soldier Reading the Cyphers on his shoulder board I see a 79 as well.

Was there a 79th something that fought in Afrika?

I colorised this photo myself just for the heck of it. Note that this is not what he DID look like, but what he COULD have looked like back then.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer soldier wearing light colored helmet
    P
    Many

I’d want to say it’s just a very light green and lighting, it appears to be an early picture which is why I’m thinking it’s most likely a early DD M35. I could of course be wrong but that’s what I’m seeing.

MAP
    ?

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    I’d want to say it’s just a very light green and lighting, it appears to be an early picture which is why I’m thinking it’s most likely a early DD M35. I could of course be wrong but that’s what I’m seeing.
    You beat me to it. I think this is a standard M35 but with a flat finish to it. Similar to this.

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Assuming the schulterklappen does have 79 then the 79th Infanterie Regiment was never in Africa. It was a rifle unit pre-war and then incorporated into the 16th Pz Division seeing most of the war on the Eastern front including Stalingrad. 16th Pz Division only returning to France in 1943 to be rebuilt before going back to the East.

So I was off. A lot.

Well thanks guys, it's still a fantastic photo. I love it.

?

I’m not seeing a ‘79’.. it looks more like a cypher to me. Perhaps a copperplate ‘W’ (for Wacht), or an ‘M’ (Machine gun battalion)..

This is my poor attempt at making an enhancement.

I thought that a Wachmeister would have a coloured twist on the schulterklappen, and I can't recall them being marked with a W cipher. The image isn't clear enough to make a positive ID but it's a nice addition to RustyRelics collection.

?

It seems too thick and ‘bunched up’ to be embroidered numerals.. I’m thinking it’s an M, but I will defer to those with better eyesight!
    For the rank (up to Unteroffizier) it would be embroidered or chain-stitched, rather than the pressed alloy version. That said, it certainly appears to have some height..

Of course, BlackCat. I meant Wacht Battalion (guard), rather than the NCO/Sgt rank.

?

the color job is first rate!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast