Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with info about the 6th Polizei panzerjägerkompanie

Article about: I have this death card. His card I found online says that he was a part of the 6th Polizei panzerjägerkompanie. I’m trying to find more info on them but having a hard time. Were they an S

Default Help with info about the 6th Polizei panzerjägerkompanie

I have this death card. His card I found online says that he was a part of the 6th Polizei panzerjägerkompanie. I’m trying to find more info on them but having a hard time. Were they an SS unit? Any help would be appreciated.Help with info about the 6th Polizei panzerjägerkompanie
    Help with info about the 6th Polizei panzerjägerkompanie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with info about the 6th Polizei panzerjägerkompanie
    P
    Many

The unit may have belonged to Polizei-Lehr-Bataillon.

This might have some basic details with any luck:
    5., 6. und 11.Polizei-Panzerjager-Kompanie, 7.Polizei-Granatwerfer-Kompanie - Einheiten der Polizei und des SD - Forum der Wehrmacht

Hi there.

Now, this is not an area I am familiar with, so I can't really give you a definite answer unfortunately, but hopefully it will prompt someone who knows the correct information.

On the Casualty card, the line that says - Truppenteil you can see a number on the right hand side (13035). You often see Feldpost numbers written there, so it is always worth having a look when you see one.

(Mobilmachung-1.1.1940) 1. Batterie schwere
    Grenz-Artillerie-Abteilung 103
    (1.2.1941-11.7.1941) 1. Batterie schwere Artillerie-Abteilung 153
    (27.1.1942-14.7.1942) gestrichen, wurde Fp.Nr. 15568 B
    (15.7.1942-24.1.1943) Panzerjäger-Kompanie Kampfgruppe Nagel.
    Feldpost numbers: 13000-13999

I would assume that normal police units acted independently, but could be assigned to other groups/areas when needed. The link below gives some information on the formations.

In addition to the "normal" police tasks, the main task of the Higher SS Police Chief was to secure the occupied areas and especially in the Russian area, the fight against partisans (Bandenkampf). For this purpose, the Higher SS Police Chiefs carried out their own actions (operations) or worked together with the security units of the army or other units of the Wehrmacht. In crises at the front, individual police units were used for "stabilization" or combined into whole combat groups (Kampfgruppe) of divisional strength and deployed. For this "Bandenkampf" and the use of the front, better equipped motorized large units were needed, which ultimately led to the formation of police regiments. A decree by the Reichsfuhrer SS and chief of the German police on July 9, 1942 ordered all police and reserve police battalions to be combined into motorized police regiments. (each regiment with 3-4 battalions and Nachrichten Kompanie, Panzerspäh Kompanie, Panzerjäger-Kompanie).

It goes on to say -

With the decree of the Reichsfuhrer SS and Chief of the German Police of February 24, 1943, the police regiments were given the designation "SS Police Regiments" due to the close connection between the police and the SS and "in recognition of their deployment on the Eastern Front in times of crisis". ", but remained unchanged part of the regulatory police.

Polizei-Regimenter
    Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Polizei-Regiment 6
    Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Kind regards,

Will.
    Last edited by Willmore; 02-25-2022 at 03:46 PM.

If you wish to understand how important bandenkämpfung was to German doctrine throughout Europe then I recommend Hitler's Bandit Hunters by Philip Blood. It covered not just anti-partisan actions but also the murder of Jews and other 'undesirables' in such actions and involved all elements of German armed forces and para-military elements. In 1942 Directive 46 was issued and would go on to include measures against Allied forces, i.e. the Commando Order.

Thank you for the recommendation Hucks.

Thank you for the info!

He was part of the Ordnungspolitzei Lehr Bataillon based in Iglau in the Protectorate of Bohemia.