Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

HELP with poster propaganda Hitler Youth "der deutsche student". real or fake?

Article about: Hello gentlemen, a friend found this propaganda poster "der deutsche student", from Hitler youth. What do you think ? Real or fake?

?

Default HELP with poster propaganda Hitler Youth "der deutsche student". real or fake?

Hello gentlemen,

a friend found this propaganda poster "der deutsche student", from Hitler youth.

What do you think ? Real or fake?

HELP with poster propaganda Hitler Youth "der deutsche student". real or fake?HELP with poster propaganda Hitler Youth "der deutsche student". real or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HELP with poster propaganda Hitler Youth "der deutsche student". real or fake?
    P
    Many

You will likely need clearer photos to answer that question.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

As Ralph says, bigger close up pictures are needed.

If he has a UV Blacklight, get him to test the poster with that.

It is not a common poster, so that may be a good sign.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

rbminis & Adrian have made good suggestions, especially the suggestion to get a sharper image. That is a Ludwig Hohlwein poster from 1936. I looked at the logo in the lower right corner and it appears to be correct, but blurred, It's a Z pattern with LUDWIG HOHLWEIN in all uppercase letters, the sloping bar connecting the lower part of the Z that is MÜNCHEN, also all upper case. Ludwig Hohlwein was a very big name in poster art in the 1930's and 40's and his posters were always very sharp, especially the logo. In this case I think the lack of sharpness is due to the low quality of the photo, but we need a really sharper image to know for sure. To get a really sharp photo, you will need to get the poster from under the glass. It's almost impossible to get a really sharp photo through glass, especially cheap picture frame glass. I hope this helps, and good luck. Dwight

?

hello gentlemen,

Thank you peasl she was very helpful. A friend of mine can personally observe the piece and find it to be a fake.