Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Himmlers signature

Article about: G'day all, I wondered if you would mind taking a look at this document and giving me your opinions on it. It is being offered by a dealer who has been around since the sixties, I hope the si

Default Re: Himmlers signature

This document is the letter of transmittal of a speech given at Goslar on the roles and missions of the SS that, in turn is to be distributed to the SS as a whole. I will leave to a document expert an assessment of same, but I must confess that something about this one gives me the creeps. You notice how the other document went through the staff system, got signed off, and was added to the files. Where are the similar signs on this document?

Thanks for showing this to us, and I shall let a person more expert than I speak. I have some experience with SS files, however, both in the original, as well as the microform variety.

Also, the value of these documents, such as they are, derives in part from their contents as well as a famous signature. Since the level of knowledge about such issues has proven on this site to be mixed at best, surely means to further such knowledge is in order.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmlers signature
    P
    Many

Thanks and all the best to you. I do this for a living, actually. It is not a "hobby."

?

Thanks so much for your information !!!
    I took this document from a very trusted source,that's why i am sure for it's originality
    I think that because of the meaning of the document and the early date that was sent (1936) it wasn't something of such importance that it needed to be filed

Quote by spyros View Post
    Thanks so much for your information !!!
    I took this document from a very trusted source,that's why i am sure for it's originality
    I think that because of the meaning of the document and the early date that was sent (1936) it wasn't something of such importance that it needed to be filed
    This sort of thing would be filed, of course. It constituted more or less an order, and would have gone up and down the chain, unless it was a copy of same, in which case it would have a mark to this effect.

I don't know if this particular piece would have needed to go up through the channels as did the document by Dave. This one seems to be just a quick memo and not an actual transmitted official order. The sig on this piece looks to match fairly close one that I have in my collection also. I acquired this one some 40 years ago or more and I've since had it framed in an acid-free sleeve with a Himmler photo. You should consider doing something similar. A nice piece,Spyros. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I was about to write the same as Wagriff,but he did it for me first
    Thanks for your suggestion ! I think that would display better if i do !

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The one on Peiper I do not know.
    Westemeier's Peiper biography (in its revised second edition published in 2006) is interesting for its unbiased, detailed and critical examination of Peiper's life and career.
    Far from the uncritical "fanboy" literature that simply keeps reducing him to the stereotype of the dashing, highly-decorated, smart, young officer-turned-victim of victor's justice, it sets the record straight and is quite sobering in its presentation of his very close and friendly relationship with Himmler, his knowledge of Nazi atrocities such as the "euthanasia" program (eyewitness knowledge, one should stress) resulting from his tours of duty as the RFSS' adjutant, his actual capabilities as a regimental commander and the involvement in war crimes of units under his command.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Westemeier's Peiper biography (in its revised second edition published in 2006) is interesting for its unbiased, detailed and critical examination of Peiper's life and career.
    Far from the uncritical "fanboy" literature that simply keeps reducing him to the stereotype of the dashing, highly-decorated, smart, young officer-turned-victim of victor's justice, it sets the record straight and is quite sobering in its presentation of his very close and friendly relationship with Himmler, his knowledge of Nazi atrocities such as the "euthanasia" program (eyewitness knowledge, one should stress) resulting from his tours of duty as the RFSS' adjutant, his actual capabilities as a regimental commander and the involvement in war crimes of units under his command.
    Thank you for the tip. I shall look for it. I am always grateful for bibliographical help, especially from yourself.

Andreas, thank you so much for translating my Himmler document, I very much appreciate your efforts as I cannot read German. Thankou very much mate, Dave.

Quote by Paul E View Post
    I had heard about it but need to research it more !! A few years ago a lot of personal files etc of Waffen SS personnel were being offered for sale in the UK which had obviously been aquired from somewhere !! There is of course the current case of the young guy in Texas i believe who has stolen a large amount of documentation from a Holocaust Museum and then offered it for sale on the open market , this came to light about a year ago , i'm not sure of the current situation but some of the documents were recovered from collectors !!
    I didnt knew about this, how can someone steal items from an holocaust museum?
    Thats an horrible thing to do.
    I dont know how the guy could sleep at night.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast