Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler post stamps

Article about: I have these stamps for a long time but have these never checked. are they original?

Default Hitler post stamps

I have these stamps for a long time but have these never checked. are they original?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler post stamps  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler post stamps
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hitler post stamps

Now that's a really interesting question Kevin! I have a couple of stamp albums somewhere that I put together in the '60's and '70's. I'm going to have find them and have a look through...I'm sure I have some stamps such as these.

Come to think of it, I also have a stamp album from my father somewhere.

I'd be really interested to know if they are they are legit as well.

Edit: Well I found the box with the albums in it...had to literally blow the dust off it. Not seeing the stamps that I thought I had - but I do have a LOT of envelopes with stamps in them - all neatly labelled with the country. I'll check them out over the weekend.

Cheers
    Tim

Hi Kevin,

The stamps look good to me, I have many the same, but the Waffen-SS franking mark is a different matter. I believe that is a fake, I see no reason why one was ever necessary, and have never seen a genuine example of one either. Then look at the way the franking stamp has been applied, same angle, same amount of pressure....That's not realistic. The outer ring on the franking stamp has a flaw at the 5 0'clock position in every case (see below). So each stamp was also franked with the same W-SS stamp? I don't think that's likely.

If you think about it, it's one good way of making a common postage stamp worth a few pennies worth a few pounds, and that's what I believe has happened here.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler post stamps  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

And I don't expect the franked stamps show any sign of ever being stuck to anything. In which case, why are unused stamps stamped?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

True, that same SS stamp seems to pop up on ALOT of spiced-up documentation.

I agree with Ned and Adrian.

Here is a stamp thread to peruse

TR Stamp collection

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Another thing is, where is the postage date on the frank? All the others shown here have one. It's probably one of those notorious Polish fake document stamps that's been used, as it ain't postal service that's for sure....
    Attached Images Attached Images Hitler post stamps 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks guys a shame of the fake document stamp.
    They are still great postage stamps not worth much but that doesn't matter.