Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler Propaganda Poster 16.5x23.25

Article about: Hello, Guys I saw this poster listed for a high price but I don't know how to verify if its time-period or post war? Any clues? I looked at these websites for info but couldn't find much oth

Post Hitler Propaganda Poster 16.5x23.25

Hello, Guys I saw this poster listed for a high price but I don't know how to verify if its time-period or post war? Any clues? I looked at these websites for info but couldn't find much other than these links. Thank you so much guys, Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Hitler poster- RARE ORIGINAL 16.5 x 23.25 INCH ADOLF HITLER PROPAGANDA POSTER | OD43

Hitler Propaganda Poster 16.5x23.25Hitler Propaganda Poster 16.5x23.25

Researching's links - Possible genuine Poster Waffen SS?

How To Identify An Original Poster? Find Out What To Look For

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Propaganda Poster 16.5x23.25
    P
    Many

I don’t collect these but some images of the back of the poster may also be helpful particularly if there are any markings etc.

I contacted him but he said "you can trust us. That our website only sells authentic items." He also mentions that the back side was blank nothing else. Leaving me to think weather if the back side of the poster is like a new white or has wear or yellowing from time. This poster is on od43 if you need more images.

It also says on the bottom its by carl werner reichbach i.v

Sold now....did you take buy it?.. relatively common image though. Pic was right way up..apologies
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Propaganda Poster 16.5x23.25  

I did. Which was one of the questions I asked when I bought?

- - ------- - -

Any thoughts on it? And why are there many sizes?

Its okay your Good. Thoughts on Authenticity?

Classic propaganda image that was owned by many families and sold in multiple formats to cater for all budgets no doubt! Had a framed poster version but cant find the pic. Hero worship taken to the extreme unfortunately.

?

The one you bought as well as the other one they currently have listed both appear ok to me. I will say that differentiating an original poster from a well made reproduction cannot be done outside of a hands-on inspection. Yet to find solid evidence otherwise. The paper looks to have been aging nicely, has wear from decades of life, and of the seemingly correct construction. Many posters were printed on the same stock as newspapers were, really flimsy paper, while others were on thicker stock. The feel and smell of the paper would need to be checked in person. An ultraviolet light to check it does not glow. Inspection under magnification to check that it is printed via the offset color process as it should have been done through. A very well made fake could still successfully pass through inspection. That is why a full money back guarantee is absolutely vital when buying from any dealer.

very interesting from one of the points you made. If I may also add from what I have read people say if should smell like raw material by that they said a scent of age and rough paper kind of like going to library and getting a book that's more than 30 years old. Some also mention that even rep's can be very deceiving even if made from plain white paper but there are a few differences such as to what you noted thickness and type of paper being used. But yet again I will be getting Uv light to test it out. Also, will be using a magnifying glass to get a closer picture of the print of this poster. Just to be sure what do I look for when using Uv light? other than if it glows or not? he also guarantees money back. If it's okay can I send you closer pictures when it arrives so you guys can get a better visual on it? Very informative. Thank you, Witt and Combatzone for your expertise and knowledge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast