Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Hitler youth journal

Article about: I am currently bidding on a HJ journal in which all will be revealed if I win. My question is.. Does the cover look more modern than the 1940's or 30's? The contents are wonderful but I have

Default Hitler youth journal

Hitler youth journal
    Hitler youth journal
    Hitler youth journal

I am currently bidding on a HJ journal in which all will be revealed if I win. My question is.. Does the cover look more modern than the 1940's or 30's? The contents are wonderful but I have learned to be very skeptical. The front looks like something I would have went to school with in the 80s.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler youth journal
    P
    Many

Man that's a good question cuz. I d tend to lean towards your instincts, in that the textbook looks way modern. And I would also expect to see some yellowing or discoloration to at least the edges? JMO. Best regards.

Brian

?

Hey Bud,

I am leaning toward your and Brian's concern about date of journal. It does look older but I am thinking not 1930-1940 vintage. Hard to tell unless in hand.

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

I will post more content. Maybe that will shed some light.

I have just been reassured that it is 100% original from the HJ time period. Have never had an issue with this sellers item in the past... I am a bit torn.

Thanks for posting. The ink isn't faded enough to be over 70 years of age, However, someone went to great lengths to put this together

mpw
    ?

Not sure about the content although it looks very comprehensive with a lot of fine detail work on the borders etc and must have taken an age to do.
    The rounded edges to the pages of the journal suggest to me an older construction. Also in my experience ink usually fades when exposed to light not over time. For example the Magna Carta in Lincoln castle looks pretty good for a 600 year old document which has spent most of its life in very dark places.

Regards, Mark.

I'm not an expert on historical stationery and thus not in the position to comment on the approximate time period when this particular design of exercise book was introduced.

However, when it comes to the contents, I really see nothing wrong or suspicious about it.

Also (even though it is, of course, true that just about everything gets faked these days) it just doesn't seem plausible to me that a faker would undertake such a massive effort to create this kind of item. When you are willing put in that much effort - handwriting long texts in Sütterlin, decorating the pages with graphic ornaments and drawings, glueing in clippings - surely you wouldn't forge a Hitler Youth album, but, say, an SS-related one or a named "personality piece" that could be sold for a lot more money.

The lack of heavier fading and yellowing wouldn't trouble me. As said above, this depends on storage and handling (as well as the quality of the paper and ink used).

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast