Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

horse used by the SS

Article about: This would be a horse taken from occupied Latvia and drafted to an SS unit I believe...

Default horse used by the SS

This would be a horse taken from occupied Latvia and drafted to an SS unit I believe...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture horse used by the SS   horse used by the SS  

horse used by the SS   horse used by the SS  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement horse used by the SS
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Now that is a first for me! Nice interesting document.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

For us both
    The FP number could be 56509, upper applied stamp...but not the wording above it.
    The stamp may have been applied after January of 1944.

That Feldpost Number is for the Kriegsberichter-Kompanie of LSSAH.

Would these type of stamps on this sort of document be acceptable or "problematic"?

No idea I'm afraid. I've never seen one of these before. Date of issue might point out if they are red flags or not but even then I couldn't be sure. Why would they be there though?

On line I read that this stamp appears on some fraudulent documents so I am fearing this could be the case here. But if this horse was taken by the Germans could it have been used for such a unit later on? document dates form 1934 or 1937?

If the horse was taken by the Germans, if they issued some sort of receipt for it then it would be a horse related unit that gathered them rather than a Kriegsberichter unit.
    And secondly, Feldpost Nrs were used from 1939.

So the SS stamp be correct as the unit using the horse but the other stamp be problematic at the end?

To be honest, I strongly doubt that the SS stamps are original to the document.

Why should they place seal stamps on a Latvian document; I mean: Just the stamps all by themselves, not as part of some additional entry/remark?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast