Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How do you store/ display your paper items?

Article about: Thanks for all the great advice. Sorry if this question has already been asked. Was just hoping to see a few pics for ideas.

Default How do you store/ display your paper items?

Just having pulled out some death notices I had I realized I probably didn't have them stored the best. Am curious if anyone could post any pics of how they store their documents.photos,death notices, ration cards, etc? Am in need of some ideas. Thanks, Jeff

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How do you store/ display your paper items?
    P
    Many

Default Re: How do you store/ display your paper items?

I have been asking around about this recently too. Photo albums are a great place to store photographs, and other documents. It makes them easy to view and easy to access, but make sure you use acid free sleeves.

I think this thing looks pretty cool, if you have a super high class document.

How do you store/ display your paper items?

Regards,
    Corey

Hey Corey, do you know where the doc display is sold? Thanks

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Hey Corey, do you know where the doc display is sold? Thanks
    They can be found at this link: http://www.hollingermetaledge.com/mo...44968417521080

I'm sure there is a cheaper way to find something similar to this. This was just the first one that caught my eye.

regards,
    Corey

Thanks Corey!

I like that display thing, Corey! But the prices make me say OUCH!!! LOL. I store a lot of pics in acid and pvc free baseball card pages that can be found on ebay. I have made a few albums. There are also other size pages for docs or larger pics. BCW makes some good stuff and won't break the bank.

I find the paper items too hard to display but for storage and protection I use A5 size clear ziploc bags ( wehrpasses, soldbuchs ) and A4 sizes for bigger docs.
    Then into a labelled shoebox or shirt box with a little naphthalene ( flakes or ONE moth ball ) to keep the silverfish or such away. Being in ziploc bags means the paper wont pick up the odor. If you don't like the smell, try Camphor ( which also works to prevent rust forming in moist environments )
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi,
    I tend to keep my paper documents in acid free sheets within a folder and slipcase. I store these upright. I use the German 'Lighthouse' folders for this. I wouldn't expose any of my older documents to daylight as they will fade, especially the inks, and also they'll become more brittle. I also keep them upright and not flat in a box because that causes pressure damage, unless you use card supports for each item and keep them in a filing box. These card supports basically fold over the document within a little recess, so protecting them from pressure.

Make sure the sheets are PVB free or you will have more problems with all documents from the era which have a high acid content.Ever see some of the old newspapers that flake away when you touch them?Usually the companies that sell them on the ebay will specify that they are PVB free.As stated never ever allow sunlight to hit any document and there are also little paper bugs that can eat paper like we eat a big mac!Just make sure you protect them with the best materials that are available.

This has been discussed before so you might be able to find some hints & tips etc here... https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photo...ortant-132503/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast