Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

KL Letter Help

Article about: Hi Guys Just got in several KL letters and some misc documents and was wondering if there is anyone who can help me translate them.I will be posting more over the next week or so .So any hel

Jay
    ?

Default KL Letter Help

Hi Guys
    Just got in several KL letters and some misc documents and was wondering if there is anyone who can help me translate them.I will be posting more over the next week or so .So any help would be greatly appreciated.Jay

KL Letter Help KL Letter Help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KL Letter Help
    P
    Many

Jay
    ?

Default Re: KL Letter Help

Any help on these letter translation would be appreciated.Jay

Jay
    ?

Well Last try.can someone please translate this for me.Thanks jay

LieDetector
    ?

This letter is from the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp. Give me a bit & I'll try to translate a bit more, I just woke up, but it appears to be a letter from an inmate at KZ-Sachsenhausen. You'll note that the header in top-upper-left says "Konzentrationslager Sachsenhausen Oranienberg bei Berlin". Oranienberg is the name of the Berlin suburb where KZ-Sachsenhausen was located; I was actually there myself in 2003.

Jay
    ?

Hi LieDetector and Philbrown
    Were you guys able to translate this letter.Thanks Jay

Jay
    ?

Well last try.can anyone help fully translate this letter for me.I have others that i would like translated but will wait to see if i can get this one done first.Thanks jay

Jay
    ?

Btt

zeitfenster
    ?

Being Austrian I hope my english will be good enough to translate the letter.

PRINTED PART: (shortened)
    The day of release [of the prisoner] can not be announcet yet. Visits in the camp are forbidden. To apply for it is pointless.

Excerpt from the camp rules
    Every prisoner ist entiteled to recieve 2 letter or postcards per month (4 pages a 15 lines each) and easy readable. Sending of money only by postal order. Unclear and badly readable letters will be destroyed. One can buy everything in the camp including NS-newspapers. The Camp-Commander in Chief

HANDWRITTEN PART:
    My dear wife and good boys! I recieved your dear letter of 8th of this month with great joy and thank you. Also to smaller ones of unknown source. I am thank god healthy and glad that the same is the case with you. I enjoyed it a lot, that you described your business (economy), as I can see that you are [unreadable word]. I am a bit concerned about dad. Beloved MIstress[?] If the adept allows, don't regret the money, make the journey. The son does not seem to be concerned about your visit but you would rather have a big opportunity to see the work of you brother Peter [?]. It does not seem to be so dangerous and [unreadable words]. Should I also write a few words to Gerhard and thank him for his efforts? I did not recieve anything from him. I am very glad that sister Paula and her family are well. Hugs and kisses for you all. Also Greetings to Sko[unreadable] and to all people we know.
    [END OF HANDWRITING]

The Name of the Prisoner seems to have been Lorenz Janovski, his wife's name Johanna.

Looks like a trivial letter if you don't know how horrible the situation for all probably was an how much of information had to be placed between the lines.

Where do you find such letters in the USA. Do you hae an Idea how this one came there?
    Regards

Jay
    ?

Thank you very much for the help!!!!.And to answer your question this letter came from europe.Jay