Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Knights Cross winner autograph, Eduard Isken, Luftwaffe Ace credited with 56 victories

Article about: Forgive my lackluster photos, I don't like them either. Well recently, I tried something new, and I'm afraid I've opened up another wormhole of collecting. I purchased this photo, autographe

Default Knights Cross winner autograph, Eduard Isken, Luftwaffe Ace credited with 56 victories

Forgive my lackluster photos, I don't like them either.

Knights Cross winner autograph, Eduard Isken, Luftwaffe Ace credited with 56 victoriesKnights Cross winner autograph, Eduard Isken, Luftwaffe Ace credited with 56 victoriesKnights Cross winner autograph, Eduard Isken, Luftwaffe Ace credited with 56 victories

Well recently, I tried something new, and I'm afraid I've opened up another wormhole of collecting. I purchased this photo, autographed by Luftwaffe Ace Eduard Isken.

Serving most of the war in Jagdgeschwader 77, and finishing out the war in Jagdgeschwader 53, Isken flew over 946 sorties, downing 56 aircraft in the process. His kills ranged simple Russian I-153's to P-38 Lightnings, Supermarine Spitfires, Yak-1's, B-17's, a B-24, and an Auster surveillance aircraft. He also was shot down nine times during the war, bailing out six of those nine times. He flew Bf-109's throughout the war, The Bf-109 F and G models. Shortly before his death, he claimed that Bf-109 G-2 "Black Six" was his aircraft, that he had loaned to another pilot, which in turn, landed the plane, damaged by a Curtiss P-40, in Gambut Libya. Whether this truly was Iskens aircraft, I don't know.

The autograph was done in silver marker, on a photo print, probably late in Iskens life. The photo was trimmed, on top, somewhat poorly, but it doesn't detract from the photo if you don't stare at the top, lol! I'll have to get a better frame for it. Right now, it looks pretty good on another growing war wall I have.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Knights Cross winner autograph, Eduard Isken, Luftwaffe Ace credited with 56 victories
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Nice. Love the back story
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)