Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kreta ärmelband urkunde

Article about: I was looking for a Kreta cuff title urkunde for a long time and then suddenly I had the opportunity to buy a complete lot for a Luftwaffe pilot, unusual to find together with the named Kret

?

Default Kreta ärmelband urkunde

I was looking for a Kreta cuff title urkunde for a long time and then suddenly I had the opportunity to buy a complete lot for a Luftwaffe pilot, unusual to find together with the named Kreta plaque, so I'm happy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kreta ärmelband urkunde   Kreta ärmelband urkunde  

Kreta ärmelband urkunde   Kreta ärmelband urkunde  

Kreta ärmelband urkunde  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kreta ärmelband urkunde
    P
    Many

Nice set. Herbert Schulte zur Surlage has a mention online for shooting down a footballer, and himself having to bail out:

On 25 July 1944, Fisher took off from RAF Kirmington in an Avro Lancaster piloted by Flying Officer Bernard Singleton to conduct a raid on Stuttgart, along with another 412 Lancasters and 138 Hailfaxes. Over Yonne, German-occupied France, Fisher's Lancaster was intercepted by a German Junkers Ju 88 night fighter, and it was shot down over Saint-Sauveur-en-Puisaye. The night fighter pilot is thought to have been Oberleutnant Herbert Schulte zur Surlage, who was forced to bail out of his Ju 88 after taking return fire from Fisher's Lancaster. All seven on board, including Fisher, were killed when the plane crashed near Taingy. He was buried in Taingy Communal Cemetery.

Fred Fisher (footballer, born April 1910) - Wikipedia

He was also the Staffelkapitän of 2./NJG-4 in 1945, credited with 2 kills and was wounded on the night of 9/10th February 1945. He died in December 1980.

?

Thank you for taking your time to respond, highly appreciated.
    I found some additional information regarding the RAF Lancaster crew: One moment, please...

Superb set! Congratulations! And with a great story behind

Regards
    Santi

Very interesting find!

I don't think I seen the "Ehren-Chronic" before. I suppose it is an unofficial personal thing?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Hello Mark,

It was awarded on completion of the service, it's slightly unusual since not a lot of Germans completed their service during wartime.
    As it can be seen it's dated 1st Jan 1944, but the was requested to re-enter service again in 1944....

The Kreta plaque itself is very rare/difficult to find - I only have two, the other is for a JU transport pilot.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kreta ärmelband urkunde  

?

What I find interesting is that the Cuff Title has a RBNr on it, a first for me, but I don't study these, so it may be a common trait or a rarity
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kreta ärmelband urkunde  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

The RBNr is standard on several/most of the Kreta cuff titles. What is interesting is the battle took place in 1941, the Kreta cuff title urkunde is dated 16 November 1942 and the Kreta cuff title was only forwarded 24 June 1943 with the promise the Krim shield would follow later ... I doubt he ever received the Krim shield due to shortages.

The RBNr started in 1942 which is consistent with the Kreta cuff titles being issued in 1943 onwards.

TWS
    ?

Congratulations Putzi. That is a fantastic grouping. Super nice!
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

What a stellar grouping !!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast